Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur to Chatel...any tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, just joined Snowheads and hoping someone might be able to help. Need to travel from Courmayeur to Chatel on Sunday 19 Jan. Does anyone know a clever way that is not by car? Or is anyone doing that journey? Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lymo, first that comes to mind is take the regular bus (if it still runs) early doors to Chamonix. Take train to Geneva main station (a pain). Get bus to Chatel (if one exists). Otherwise get to Geneva airport and get transfer from there. I don't think that Chatel transfer buses will go via Cluses. I suspect they go via Thonon.

If you have to get a transfer from the airport, get a transfer to the airport from Cham.

But I have checked none of this.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.cg74.fr/pages/fr/menu-secondaire/informations-transports-107.html gives a lot of detail of the buses in Ht. Sav. Unfortunately from a brief scan there is not much on a Sunday. I spent what seemed like half my life trying to work out how to get Geneva airport - Chatel and return for my son last summer

I think it might be two transfers via Geneva airport which would be a pain but doable
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
if you can get through the tunnel and get a alpybus type transfer to geneva, from there, you can get an altibus transfer to chatel. it'll cost you though. the cheaper sat buses only run on a saturday

its a pain in the back bottom as well Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lymo, So... no scheduled bus from Geneva centre to Chatel that I can obviously see. I think you'll have to get yourself to Chamonix then transfer down to GVA and back up again.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you so much everyone. I had looked at all the options but wondered whether anyone had a secret, magic answer. I can get on a transfer to Geneva from Courmayeur so think it will be just as easy to hire a car (and probably no more expensive)... thanks again!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy