Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Offpiste kit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
does anywhere sell the full kit?, ie probe, tranceiver, shovel, bag and anything else that should be carried offpiste?
Snow & rock do a tranciever, shovel and probe kit at £250, but no bag, is there much to choose between makes or are they all of similar standard?.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd just call, e-mail or PM Snow Shepherd. I was in exactly the same position as you and they gave me good advice, a bit of a discount, and good service. Asked them loads of silly questions and they just explained what was going to work for me based on what I told them.

There is (personally) a lot of difference between a good transceiver and a bad one. Loads of threads on here, but I ended up going for the BCA as it was the one I found easy to use and comfortable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.snowsafe.co.uk/ also do a fair bit of kit, including a range of avi bags. There has been a big thread on those lately. If you are going to be doing a lot of off piste then I'd make sure you have a good, light, but strong alloy shovel, and a longer probe unless money is really tight (2.5 - 3m). I still have my old BCA Traker, very easy to use but getting a little old now. If you just want a decent rusksack to carry it all in then you have a world of choice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.facewest.co.uk also do the whole package
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tangowaggon wrote:
Hi
does anywhere sell the full kit?, ie probe, tranceiver, shovel, bag and anything else that should be carried offpiste?
Snow & rock do a tranciever, shovel and probe kit at £250, but no bag, is there much to choose between makes or are they all of similar standard?.
Thanks

Look on eBay...type in avalanche transceiver.
sport conrad probably do them as well.

Just don't do what I saw a boarding instructor do once...he had lost his spare probe, so he gave one of his students a 30cm tree branch as a probe!!! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Decathlon Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
support fellow snowheads http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys,
Snowshepherd seem to do a few packages of what I was looking for but Mrs T is making grumpy noises about me going to Val d'Isere for 2 weeks on my own, £3-400 on one of thes kits may push her over the edge!, need to hide it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tangowaggon, Make her worried about the recent avi bulletins and then only buy the kit to put her mind at rest Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tangowaggon wrote:
Thanks guys,
Snowshepherd seem to do a few packages of what I was looking for but Mrs T is making grumpy noises about me going to Val d'Isere for 2 weeks on my own, £3-400 on one of thes kits may push her over the edge!, need to hide it.

Buy in resort then she need not know until it's too late (or get it delivered to resort)!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tangowaggon wrote:
Thanks guys,

A funeral could cost a few grand.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

tangowaggon, Make her worried about the recent avi bulletins and then only buy the kit to put her mind at rest

She's more likely to be jumping up and down on the cornice above me! Shocked rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy