Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in Flaine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last time I went to Flaine (admittedly a Feb half term) all the resort parking was full - and after unloading I had to park over in car park by the Vernant lift and ski back to town.

Not practical if arriving after the lifts have shut or with kids.

Does anyone have experience of parking in Flaine at other times of year?

On a weekend which doesn't coincide with a French / English school holiday do you think I would have any problems?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobsterman, when we have staying in Flaine (Foret) we have unloaded in the free hour we were given then moved the car back up out of the parking zone where it stayed all week along with others. That was a several years ago so may not be possible now.

If we visit Flaine for a day then it has been easier to park in Vernant carpark on the way up from Les Carroz.

http://www.piste-maps.co.uk/Piste-Maps/France/Flaine-Piste-Map-Large.jpg
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You get a free 90 mins to unload, and then have to move to one of the external carparks (which you have to pay for, around £35 for a week IIRC). The nearest carpark can get full - but there is normally space down at the lowest carpark (near Front de Neige). The carpark near us over Xmas was full (by Forum), but since we were already in it, it wasn't a problem.

On a weekend outside the (French) school hols then I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find a space.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree - there are usually lots of spaces outside the main holiday times
Where are you staying - Foret or Forum?
You do find the options are more limited in Foret and the main one at Forum gets busy but there are usually spaces at Front de Neige (but it's a long walk back)
One tip - keep your car park ticket away from your mobile phone - they are very sensitive to being wiped of data meaning you have problems paying and getting out of the car park
Not great if you want an early start
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back from two weeks in Flaine - arrived Saturday December 21st late evening....P2 car park (Flaine Forum), was fine and left car there for the two weeks. Second week I popped down to the car on 30th December and sure enough P2 was full, only allowing season ticket holders in. Took car on January 4th and car park was empty! So high season ie French half term yes it's a problem, medium/ low season wouldn't worry about it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy