Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort ideas please....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

After a late start at this skiing thing we've now done weeks in Courmayeur, La Rosiere, Val Gardena a couple of times, Val D'Isere, Wengen.

We really enjoyed the Sella Ronda last year - I guess as we were good enough and had the confidence to just go ski!

We'll keep going with the tuition but any suggestions for bigger / more challenging ski areas we could think about for this year?.....

Many thanks

Rich
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you've mastered Val d'Isere you're in good shape. Gonna start getting hard to find significantly bigger and more challenging. Probably not much more for you to do now
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
peanuthead, Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
richymidd, I hear good things about St Anton
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richymidd, les arcs? I've been every 3-4 years since we started and still finding new things to keep my interest.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sure you'd enjoy most of the large French ski areas. I can recommend the three valleys staying in one of the church even villages, serre chevalier, alpe d huez. I would happily go back to val d'sere at the drop of a hat. A little more off the beaten track is films lax which I really enjoyed. Personally don't love les arcs only because I wiped out there with a broken collar bone.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes pam, i agree!

We will go back to val d'isere now we can sort of do it a bit more justice but so much more to see out there, no?!

I guess the bit i forgot to mention, anywhere stand out that's not just concrete - we like to ski but we also ideally look for a bit of an atmosphere in somewhere a bit "village-ey". Or would val d'isere therefore be a good shot again?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
richymidd, it depends what you want. You said you were looking for something bigger/ more challenging. Now you are looking for something more "village-ey". Maybe you need to do a proper priority list of criteria. How important in the scheme of things is the quality of the tuition?

Depending on what you've done already you might find a specific ski course (there are lots available) a good idea, where the tuition is the key focus of the trip, with video feedback sessions in the evenings, for example.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richymidd,
If you like the big touring bit there are plenty of villagey places around the Portes de Soleil, you can find challenges in most places if you find the right people to ask.

If you are wanting a change from where you have been Austria offers some sizeable ski areas with challenges the most well known ones being St Anton and Ischgl neither of which are particularly villagey but both are in my opinion a considerable step up from Val D'Isere in the looks department and a bit of a step down in price.

Serre Che is very pleasant and sounds like it has had a good snowy start to the season.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
les arcs 2000/1650 a bit concrete, but peisey and vallandry are pretty enough, as is charmetogger in 1800, and arc1950 is definitely pretty in a wierd disney-eque sort of way!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zermatt. You can also ski to Cervia. Verrrrrry expensive but fabulous
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ditto Zermatt. Also go back to the best of what you have already been to? Zermatt is the best though for me.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I love mixing it up with skiing, and going to different places - if you've mastered Val d'isere, I'd suggest throwing caution to the wind - make a hitlist and check it off, year by year!

Just to throw something out there, but maybe a last minute jaunt to Canada would tickle your fancy!....

Agree ref Zermatt, St Anton.... Lech also? Last, Chamonix should also get a mention, but you need to be aware of the transport set-up as it's not for everyone.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you want to ski Zermatt on the cheap you can do the reverse and stay in Cervinia Happy. Don't get stuck on the wrong side though, as that's about the worst road distance between ski connected resorts that you can get.

There are quite a few large linked ski areas in the alps, though the Espace Killy (Val D'Isere / Tignes) is amongst the best connected. You'll have heard of the Three Valleys, of course. Avoid Val Thorens if you're not a can of concrete, and I'd say Meribel would give you the best range as it's easier to get to the other valleys from there (though you can keep costs down a bit by staying in one of the more peripheral villages). The "Paradiski" (La Plange, Les Arcs & co) and the Portes Du Soleil (Morzine & co) were already mentioned, and both have large ski areas. Verbier, part of the "4 valleys" (Marketing trying to one-up the 3 valleys, I guess) has an extensive ski area. Another large area is the Zillertal area (Zillertal 3000), which includes Mayrhofen. Busses run all the way up the valley, and many of the resorts are ski-connected. Another large ski area in Austria is the "Ski Welt", which includes Soll and others. Zurs and Lech have a fair bit of skiing between them, and are close to St Anton (I believe you can ski down from St Anton with a guide, actually). In Italy there's the "Milkey Way", but it's a long way from Sauze d'Oulx to Serre Chevalier. Honourable mention: Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, Bad Gastein-Bad Hofgastein-Dorfgastein, Valloire-Valmeinier, all of which have connected and fairly big ski areas (though on the same scale as the Espace Killy / Three Valleys).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy