Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

infinitely frustrating collisions....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
glasgowcyclops wrote:

I think it is time that behaviour rules are handed out with lift passes now.

A lot of resorts do now ime. Often on the back of the piste map or on the leaflet they give you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Julieanne, Many thanks for the best wishes – and others who kindly have posted condolences. Your experience sounds equally frustrating; skiing is such a highlight of the year that it's complete pain when someone else mucks up a trip.

I am amazed at the posts which recount antagonists failing to stop to give help and to leave details. Stopping and exchanging details is the law in some nations and in my mind is linked to three things:

1 simple human decency

2 changing bad behaviour to good. Seeing what you've done when you've done wrong is important. And if patrols and regulations lead to an increase of good behaviour then I am all for them.

3 long term issues - by this I am not being alarmist, but I had the following experience two years ago. My son, then 6, was taken out by an older guy skiing way above his reaction capacity (in the same way I was taken out last week). It was a bad shunt - the guy powered into a junction and sent my small one up into the air. His back protector worked wonders and his helmet too. The guy crashed and burned but was about to make off so I confiscated one of his skis while my other half tended to our child. My thought was simple - on this occasion my child was fine - but the impact was severe, and he could have had permanent injury. I didn't want to prosecute the guy for idiocy, but if my child had needed long term or - God forbid - permanent care (and I have friends who are in the position of having a child disabled by accident) then I’d rather he or his insurance company was paying for it rather than me.

I am the last person to ask for a move to an American-style litigious society – but if people create havoc then they should pick up the consequences.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
valais2, Totally agree.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's not just blokes or Brits.

My (then) 9 year old daughter could easily have been killed by a teenaged Austrian bird on the Kitzsteinhorn near Zell.

We were parked up in the middle of the piste, which sounds bad but i) we'd had to stop for something and ii) it was that hugely, hugely wide blue at the top - I mean rugby pitch width.

This fraulein came bombing through our group at (I'd say) 40mph, knocked my little girl over with her pole and herself ended up in a heap some metres down the slope.

I skied over to her with murder in mind but she was in tears and very shocked herself, so I left it at a few verbals.

She'd been chasing her boyfriend and somehow didn't see us.

Very scary. I still have shuddery waking nightmares about it if I think about what would have happened had she been a foot to the left.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy