Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ABS- Geneva airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelled through geneva airport yesterday 4/1 with my wife and son.

We all have ABS's, and they were all packed away in a single hold bag, according to all advice. We had advised our tour operators, and told them at check in that they were in our hold lugguge. So far so good, we were then called to info desk and advised that they would have to destroy 2 of the packs. Apparently, the difficulty was that the three were packed in the same bag. In the end we overcame the problem as they allowed us to carry 2 on as hand luggage.

Thus the advice arising from this is to follow all the usual advice, available at a range of well respected sites, and if you have more than one ABS in your party ensure that they are packed in seperate bags.

Hope this saves some angst elsewhere.

Willie D
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Willie d wrote:
We all have ABS's, and they were all packed away in a single hold bag, according to all advice.

Just curious... who or what advised you to put all three airbags into a single item of checked luggage? It isn't a suggestion I've come across before.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was no specific guidance to pack them in a single hold bag, it was just the most convenient approach for us as we have one of the large north face bags, and the post was just to ensure that others did not find themselves in the position we found ourselves in. The guidance says you can have one abs per person, it says nothing about how you pack them. It was ok going out through edinburgh- where they were happy with our packing arrangements, but the geneva ground staff did not like it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fair enough. Airlines tend to be quite unhappy about any sort of combining of luggage allowances, but I wouldn't be surprised if they only reason you got caught was because it was the Swiss doing the searching, and most other folk don't care nearly as much wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The regulations do stipulate on ABS per person (ie person's bag), the airlines I've consulted have specifically asked if there is only one ABS in my luggage
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On the rocks, one per person does not equal one per bag; one per person simply means each passenger can travel with one ABS bag. I am with you on that one Willie d. If the limit is one ABS to a bag they might as well say that the costs of carrying an ABS bag are £20 each way or whatever the cost of hold luggage are. Cheeky f*uckers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Er No. The checked in bag is assigned to one person, who is attempting to carry three ABS systems. The fact that the fellow passengers are travelling with hand baggage only is irrelevant. It seems reasonable to me that the authorities would want to avoid a single bag packed with multiple volumes of compressed gas when they've gone to great lengths to work out the safe volume for a single bottle
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many thanks for the useful contributions. The bottom line seems to be- if you have more than one abs in your party then pack them in seperate bags.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy