Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy (Tignes) or La Plagne with UCPA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, hopefully this is the right place to post this...

I'm looking at getting away to either La Plagne or Espace Killy (Tignes) next week (getting late I know), but I'm just not sure which one might be best. I'll be going solo with the UCPA, either going with full or half time ski instruction, as I've never been taught in resort. Figured it's time to see what I can improve on and get some sound advice.

Experience wise, I've done 2 weeks, 1 week in Andorra (Pas De La Casa) and Austria (Soll). I'm happy on reds now, maybe not when they are bumpy though. I'll go down blacks, but cannot do them at speed, technique probably leaves a lot to be desired, but can't keep away Smile . I loved going off piste between runs, nothing steep or anything, just getting out to fresh snow. Both times, the snow wasn't great and very icy in places...

So I'm wondering what peoples recommendations are regarding resorts? I'm not looking to do a lot on Apres ski, as I want to make the most out of my time in resort, so early to bed.

Cheers Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At your level of experience. I think you would find Espace Killy much more challenging as a resort. I suggest you opt for the wide open spaces of La Plagne this time round and save Tignes for another time. Though Tignes is a lot gentler than Val d'Isere.

I know when I first went to Espace Killy I was convinced the runs were under-graded....

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That was another thing that I did wonder about, grading differences between Austria/Andorra and France, I did figure that France might be a bit more challenging.

Cheers dude!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having being to both resorts we have found that La Plagne most likely would suit your requirements, no way is this detrimental, La Plagne is certainly on our top 5 resort list, best new year ever 3 years ago in resort.

Tignes on the other hand is massive when you take the area lift pass & drop into VDI, either way you will have loads of choices of different grades of runs...enjoy whichever you choose Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy