Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airport Goggles?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So - in packing my kit today I realised I've lost my goggles. I don't have time to go anywhere and get some so here's my question; Do I buy a pair in Manchester airport tonight or wait until I get to resort? I'm going to Sauze d'Oulx (again), does anyone have any experience of shopping for kit in resort? Will it be mega 'captive market' expensive?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sometimes in resort can be expensive but saying that I've found some real bargains in the past. I think you will pay absolutely top dollar in any airport.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LukeRibs, No idea about Manchester airport, but I've never seen goggles for sale in any other airport. I reckon you are just as much of a captive market at Manchester as you will be in a resort where there is a great deal more choice and competition. At this stage I'd strongly suggest RESORT.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are anywhere near Sickport, go via Decathlon
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
foxtrotzulu, Not sure about Manchester but pretty sure the shop (Sunglass hut maybe?) in Gatwick was selling them last year. Might be mistaken though! I'm with you on the resort option.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep if you can leave home half an hour early and go via Decathlon, though I wouldn't worry too much about having to buy in resort, I haven't been to Sauze d'Oulx but most places seems to have shops catering for most market segments
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd say keep your trip to the airport relaxed and buy in resort. I don't know that resort, but there are plenty of perfectly good goggles around €40 in our resort shops. I did see a wonderful child's helmet today, which my 8 year old grandson would absolutely adore, and he's coming here next Friday. But it was €289. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked He would feel like a stormtrooper in it, but he's not getting one, not a chance I'm afraid. It was in a ski hire shop - I did ask, but sadly they are not available to hire.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right then, unless I see an absolute steal of a deal in the airport - resort it is!

Thanks for your help folks!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't forget that unless you take your helmet (if you own/use one) in hand luggage, them you won't be able to try it with the goggles if you were even considering the amazing bargain at Manchester.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been to sauze D'Oulx (2 years ago). Shops were more reasonable than normal iirc. You'll be fine Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LukeRibs, I'm pretty sure there is a Sunglass Hut in the departure lounge at Manchester and they may have some deals on. Other than that there will be plenty of choice in Sauze.

I'm off there on 25th. Would appreciate a trip report or some words on snow conditions when you get back. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy