Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Access

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening All,
Has anyone skied on these in powder and on piste and if so how do you rate them in the different conditions.

Thanks,

Briand6868 Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I demoed them for a few days and considered buying a set of ex rentals at the end of the season.

I got them in 181 and they skied short. I got to try them in a foot of powder in the trees, churned up snow, hardpack and even some bumps. I was pretty impressed, the are pretty soft especially in the tail and do see some tip chatter at high speeds but the softness makes them pop in and out of turns. They didn't hold much of an edge on really scrapped hard stuff but I think that was more to do with the fact that they were well used and required a service.

They floated ok in powder, not amazingly but they were decent (I think if you were doing more powder I'd get wider...). I ended up going for the next model up (the Blogs) which is 110 underfoot. I ski them for almost everything but bullet proof ice, both skis are really manageable on piste... I can ski bumps even in the 185 length, their turn radius is 19m and the have the same softness and pop of the access (maybe a bit more).

Overall, I think the Access would be good for that mix of piste days and a bit of light powder (nothing too deep), they're great fun and very easy to ski. It's like everything, if you go for middle of the road (waist size) you'll get something thats good at everything but not great at any one thing. I have a pair of 90mm skis for piste and general days, and the blogs for when there's lots of snow!

Hope that helps
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snoway, Thanks for that my friend, I'm looking for something that will ease my transition into the pow in preperation for "The Big Trip" to Japan in 2016 but not a complete surf board Very Happy I'll take a look at the blogs aswell.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy