Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morillon les Esserts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have not visited before but I will be travelling there with my family during the February half term. Is anyone able to give any information please on the resort regarding suitable runs for near beginner children, experiences of the local ski school, decent restaurants and anything I should be looking out for, for example dangerous piste junctions, bottleneck lift queues and so on. Regarding apres ski activities and atrocity drinking, these are things that happen to other people so I'm not really concerned about these aspects of the 'village'.

I hope you are all well and thanks for any info and advice you're able to furnish.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 3-01-14 23:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Esserts is a great place to be based for beginners.

Walking distance to the nursery slopes which are foc irrc, then as they get better there are more greens and blues coming back to your home... There's a lovely green/blue called Marvel.... Lovely and long, flowing and beginners get a real sense of going somewhere in relative safety.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used ZigZag ski school for our kids when we were there and have no complaints. We stayed down in Morillon village which was a pain as snow conditions weren't great for skiing back to village. I can recommend L'Igloo for a lovely meal on slopes too
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much for this. I've just YouTube'd the Marvel run clip-it looks great for early skiers. We will check out the restaurants as well on the hill. Is it predominantly French in feel, I wonder? This would be preferable.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-01-14 23:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can second ZigZag school although we used the Samoen office/branch
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Marvel is a lovely run. Heres my daughter cruising it. I would go back there just to ski it with her again.

http://youtube.com/v/O2zYHGHhw8Q
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What a lovely film-you must be so proud! Your clapping at the end was great and just shows us why we do this great sport. The run looked amazing and the shots of the resort seemed good too. Great snow.

Thanks for the info.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Marvel and +1 for l'Igloo. There's only one restaurant as such at Les Esserts, if memory serves me correctly, can't recall the name but may be something to do with an Etoile. Anyway, it gets rammed so best to reserve. We found the pub to be friendly and welcoming and also does food and has occasional live bands. And I recall others recommended the crêpe place at the end of Marvel, which would presumably be quite French. There's a Sherpa which will cover most of your basic needs. Oh, and I recall sledging (maybe on a Wednesday evening?) after the runs close. Sorry everything's a bit vague, we're packing to head to Austria as I type, but I'm sure that others will add more and also that you'll have a great time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy