Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

eJ skis and boots question.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I hope someone can help and apologies of this has been answered elsewhere (couldn't find anything)!

Has anyone travelled with ski boot bags as part of their 'small sports' pre-paid baggage allowance?

The second responded has said that she'll ask the 'airport department' to confirm but I'm not sure I'll get the answer in time.
I might just take a copy of the first email with me....

I asked eJ the following question, and got two contradictory answers!

Question:
Hello,
I'm travelling with the following paid checked bags / sports bag:
1 x 20kg checked bag
1 x 20kg ski bag
My skis weigh 8kg.
My checked bag weighs 20kg

Can I take two separate boot bags (each weighing 6kg) as part of my sports bag allowance? These will be separate bags.
Total number of checked bags would be 4.
Total checked weight would be 40kg. Thanks SM

Answer 1:

You can carry two separate boot bags (each weighing 6kg) and the ski bag weighing 8 kg as sports bag allowance as long as the total weight of your sports equipment does not exceed 20 kg.

You can also take your hold luggage that you paid for with you of 20 kg.

Answer 2:

As I understand you would like to bring with you one piece of hold baggage, that is your suitcase, and one ski bag with one pair of skis in it.

The confusion appears to be with the number of ski boots you would like to bring with you. At this moment I cannot guarantee that you will be allowed to bring two bags with boots with you as you only purchased one sports equipment fee.

Thanks in advance

SM
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I took a ski bag and a boot bag over Xmas with easyjet, one booked sports equipment so can confirm that is OK. I think the problem might be that that covers one pair of skis and/or boots, so taking 2 boot bags might cause you more of an issue, particularly if they lose your stuff, as they will only cover the one set. Your luggage allowance gives you 40kg and the max for one bag is32kg, so could you stick the second pair in the hold luggage, or in with the skis?? You'd still be under the weight limit and no longer have the difficult 4th bag??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agreed, it's the second boot bag causing you issues. You *might* get away with putting two pairs in one bigger bag, but I think they will try and call you on it myself, they know full well what a bootbag looks like.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Actually if the first was an offcial ej mail, carry it and hope for the best...worth a try.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good answers - Thanks!

I'll take the email with me and put a pair of boots in my checked bag!

Good compromise I think.

Their allowances are quite generous, and I have no issues travelling with them.

I wish they'd be clear and consistent though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick update from eJ:

I am writing to you regarding my email from the 3rd of January as I received the answer from the Airport Liason Officer. You are allowed to bring one ski bag with one set of skis and one bag with ski boots, the maximum weight of the two being 20 kilograms. As I suggested you can pack the other pair of ski boots to your suitcase as you have also added one hold baggage. There will be then three pieces of your hold items, :ski bag, ski boots bag and a suitcase and the total weight of them is 40 kilograms.

Clear and concise.

Thanks eJ
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy