Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking Canadian Dollars to Les Arc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelling to Les Arcs in a few weeks and I have $330 Canadian left over from a previous trip, my question is do I take the dollars and spend them in LA if accepted by establishments, does anyone know if Canadian Dollars are accepted in pubs/restaurants. Or do I exchange them in UK for euros before I depart.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a feeling that you would struggle to spend them, and may get a pretty low rate of exchange if you could. Only a guess though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm with Avalanche Poodle, not even sure if USD would be accepted, I really can't see Canadian being OK. It's worth checking if it's better to go from Can. to another currency e.g. USD/GPB and then to euros, or straight to euros (almost certainly best rate).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
surely the high street exchange companys can change to € in one transaction...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, but it's possible (but unlikely) that doing it the long way would yield a better rate.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
change at the French airport looks like the best option....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agreed, never even had US $ accepted never mind Canadian
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys for all your help, I was a bit dubious about spending them but wanted some advice first. Will maybe change them at the airport before departure, cheers again what a fab forum for info. Happy skiing in 2014 Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Exchange before you go. Highly unlikely you will be able to spend them and highly likely you'll be tutted and glared at if you try to.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bob wrote:
surely the high street exchange companys can change to € in one transaction...

yes if you are in a euro country. I changed USD to Euros once in Geneva airport and they charged 2 lots of commision one for USD to CHF then a second one for CHF to Euros...

If you were in france they would only charge once
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Take the canadian dollars with you, but do not expect anyone in the resort to accept them just the same way as I doubt as a cafe in Skegness would accept them. However get the funicular down to Bourg st Maurice and exchange them at a bank there. The rate will probably be better than at the airport.

BTW does anyone know if it is possible to exchange currency on the likes of ebay and cut out the middle men completely?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnE, You can exchange at lots of places online and have the currency delivered to your home address. Small charge, or free depending on how much you buy.

Edit: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-money/
Don't think it's possible without some sort of service involved..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
willie5094, Just work out a fair price and offer to any snowHead making the trip to CA this season Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy