Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone got any views on Pyua gear?

Poster: A snowHead
I was thinking about replacing my outerwear recently, so I've been on the hunt and today a Pyua hardshell (20k, 20k 3 layer) and some other stuff has popped up on Sportpursuit. I have only seen one ladies Pyua jacket in the flesh and it looked very well made. Anyone got any of their gear, or have any info on fit, longevity etc?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
.... was wondering the same thing. Looks nice gear and a lot cheaper than the Norrona jacket I've been hankering after!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure it's quite Norrona. That's Goretex so 'more' waterproof, the fabric may well be a bit more long lasting too. I've ordered a Momentum-Y Jacket and some Craft-Y trousers. I'll update when they arrive and get used. The sales usually rotate so they might well pop up again later in the season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a package arrive from sportpursuit today.

Both jacket and trousers were as ordered, hat was a different colour, which also happened with my last order.

Jacket is a shell and is really lightweight. the material is light, soft-touch and has a noticable degree of stretch. all seams are very neatly taped and the Jacket seems quite well detailed and flawlessly made. The trousers are really nice. Similar comments all round, but they are very lightly insulated so cant see the taping. Overall I'm really pleased with the buy. I'm yet to try the kit out, but from what I can see, I think they'll do the job very well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So just a quick update on this stuff. It was peeing down with rain and windy here on the west coast this morning so I decided to check out the jackets waterproofnesss (is that a word?). Put the jacket on and headed out. walked out the door and the jacket wetted out almost immediately, so poor dwr treatment? I put the hood up, pulled on the cinch cord to tighten it down and it just let go internally, I suspect it wasn't properly attached during manufacture.

All in all a disappointing trial. I've put the ball in sportpursuit's court.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry to hear that the Pyua gear was disappointing.
Everything I hear about Sportpursuit's customer service is that it's too-notch - so hopefully they'll look after you.

I decided to give the Pyua stuff a miss, but grabbed a nice looking Haglofs jacket (Couloir Pro) instead a few days ago from Sporrpursuit. In the end thought Gore Tex was prob the safe choice.

Just need some new ski pants now!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've a theory that some of SP's stuff might be slight 2nds. I had to send a Devold merino top back that had a few small holes in it and a pair of Sweet mid layer bottoms have some imperfections in the stitching. Not enough to worry about I've worn them 3 weeks already. Perhaps I've just been unlucky. Other items I've had have been OK.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I mailed sportpursuit and had a return from their sales team within a couple of hours. They contacted the manufacturer direct and were trying to organise a replacement direct to speed up the process. We'll see how they fare.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So here's another update. I sent the jacket back to Pyua and they did a repair on the cord. They obviously had to remove some taping to get to the cord and it was evident that the re-taping didn't lie quite as flat as the original. I didn't get to take the jacket with me on holiday, so a few wears and into the cupboard.

Fast forward to today. Having worn the jacket maybe ten times since the repair I decided to fling it on since it's lashing down out there and windy too. The hood did the usual balloon thing so I pulled the cinch cord and guess what? A quick call to Sportpursuit and they're on the case again.

Suffice it to say this will probably be my last purchase from Pyua, however Sportpursuit have been excellent.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm having a total Pyua nightmare... their kit clearly has HUGE manufacturing issues as my brand spanking new "100% waterproof" jacket wetted out immediately at the weekend. Did not seem as if there was ANY waterproof treatment on the jacket. The Transition pants also wetted out but this took longer. The jacket is about as waterproof as a teabag.

Not hopeful for a satisfactory resolution as I bought from Bergfreunde in the sale back in July (but unworn until the weekend). Bought for a big snowboarding holiday which I leave to go in in less than 2 weeks so I don't really have time to muck about going backwards and forwards with Bergfreunde or Pyua or waiting for replacements or repairs. Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MRS K has had a Pyua jacket for a couple of years - it is well-made, still waterproof and appears to be bomb-proof. The business model on total circular economy is also environmentally sound. Sad to hear that other posters have not had such a positive experience - but this is ours.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Sad to hear that other posters have not had such a positive experience - but this is ours.

That's good to know @Ian Kenvyn actually, gives me hope then that my jacket can be replaced with one that IS waterproof or can be sent back and treated. Fingers crossed. Just hope they can sort it out before I go to Japan.

The jacket and trousers are nice and light, look nice, feel nice and are comfy to move about in and I was almost excited to see the rain/sleet/snow on Sunday so I could have a smug face on about being warm and dry! Smug face swiftly replaced by massive disappointment. Its honestly like there is no waterproof treatment at all on the jacket.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Out of curiosity kat.ryb is yours from sportspursuit and Mrs K's purchased elsewhere?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@betterinblack, kat.ryb got hers from Bergfreunde in the UK (according to her post).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks rogg I must get my eyes checked!
It just seems odd that every purchase I make from sportspursuit seems to have a problem ( but I do like their prices wink )
snow conditions
Yup ordered from Bergfreunde - hopefully they will come through. Retail price is nearly €1000, I paid £465 in the sale. Not exactly cheap! My cheaper fashion 10k/10k kit kept out more water than this supposedly premium product.

Pyua have basically said 'not our problem' which is a bit lame as you would think they would be interested in getting their hands on the kit to work out how/why they had such total failure of QC in their manufacturing process.
latest report
I have to say when I contacted Pyua in 2014 regarding their inability to secure a piece of elastic, or carry out a repair I was pretty much told that I had broken the item on purpose. Once the jacket was returned to Sportpursuit for a full refund I wrote an email to Pyua detailing my feelings about the jacket and trousers, which they replied to in a most dismissive fashion.

I wouldn't ouch another of their products with a barge pole. They claim the highest of ecological credentials. My jacket ended up in the bin, and when I can afford to replace the trousers the Pyua ones will be heading the same way. Not at all eco really.

BUYER BEWARE.
snow report
Quote:

BUYER BEWARE

Looks that way. No response yet from Bergfreunde.

Maybe running it through the wash with graingers or nicwax would help a bit. Can't see this getting sorted before I go away... I did a bit of a 'rain at home' test yesterday and flicked water on it. Its pretty inconsistent - some droplets bead but a lot just soak straight in. I didn't bother flicking water enough to get it wet on the inside though.
snow report
Update 1 year later (reminded as a I pack for a ski trip!):

Basically everyone told me to 'do one'.

Whilst in Japan (and on like day 8 of total use) one of the poppers on the snow skirt broke through the stitching so now the snow skirt is 1/3 useless.

Tried again with Bergfreunde/Pyua but didn't get much of a response and had a lot of stuff going on and didn't pursue.

Pyua is totally crap, do not buy anything from them. Bad product, bad service, bad price tag.

Really REALY wish I hadn't wasted my money on them.
snow report
kat.ryb wrote:
Update 1 year later (reminded as a I pack for a ski trip!):

Basically everyone told me to 'do one'.

Whilst in Japan (and on like day 8 of total use) one of the poppers on the snow skirt broke through the stitching so now the snow skirt is 1/3 useless.

Tried again with Bergfreunde/Pyua but didn't get much of a response and had a lot of stuff going on and didn't pursue.

Pyua is totally crap, do not buy anything from them. Bad product, bad service, bad price tag.

Really REALY wish I hadn't wasted my money on them.

Do they use Goretex? If so you can contact Goretex direct. They have a kind of Guarantee or a hold on we will kick the maker up the bum policy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy