Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi Transfers - Need to Reconfirm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We recently enjoyed Christmas week in Val D'Isere as a large group in a chalet. We travelled as three separate sub-groups, one of which took the snow train to/from Bourg St Maurice. This group contained six adults and a ten month old baby. I booked a taxi transfer with Cosi Taxi (http://www.cosi-taxi.com/) for both journeys and had an email confirmation from them. The taxi up was absolutely fine. Comfortable car, met the train and delivered the group to the chalet with no fuss.

The return journey was somewhat different.

My wife and I left by road on the morning of the 28th, leaving my son in charge of the snow train party. The taxi was booked at 6 pm and he called them during the afternoon to see if there was any chance of moving it up a bit. He was told that they had no record of the booking but that they would try to get to him by seven PM. Long story short - the snow started and the road got "difficult". In the end the taxi showed up at 8.15 and embarked on a hair-raising trip down the mountain, making Bourg station at 10.11 when the train was due to depart at 10.15. Meanwhile Mrs Bogus and I were on a rain-lashed autoroute somewhere north of Lyon trying to figure out what to do assuming they missed the train. You can imagine the relief felt in our car when my daughter called at about 10.25 to say they were safely on board.

So, the moral of this little tale. If you have a taxi transfer booked for the end of your stay - even if you have confirmation in writing, as I did - reconfirm by phone the day before and again on the day. This is not a dig at Cosi Taxi, who in every other respect were absolutely fine. I have no reason to believe that any other taxi company would have performed better.

Experienced travellers may scoff at this and say it's obvious (feel free) but in the maelstrom of organising a trip for 13 people including several complete newbies it's an easy detail to overlook.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy