Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Difference between lift pass: Deux Alpes and Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I tried a search on the Forum to find the answer to no avail. I was having a general look for ski deals and came across something for Tignes where the lift pass included is Les Deux Alpes. I know that the Espace Killy pass covers Tignes so I am wondering what the Les Deux Alpes one covers? My geography of the Alpes is atrocious and tried searching on Google for the answer but thought someone knowledgable here may know. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski lass, it has to be a typo. There is either the Espace Killy pass or the Tignes only pass. Les Deux Alpes is a resort about 4 hrs drive away.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Unlikely

Tignes is lift/piste linked to Val D'isers (both sides of a mountain) so if you buy an Espace Killy pass you can ski both Tignes & Val D'isere

Les Deus Alpes is lift linked to erm nowhere, well excl. La Grave, which is an off-piste/expert only venue - but you might get a day or so in Alpe D'huez which is on the opposite side of the valley.

Tignes / Les Deux Alpes is about 3 hours in a car. There is a 'multi-resort' pass called Ski A La Carte http://www.skialacarte.fr/en/ski-card.php - which covers Tignes and some other resorts but not L2A
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Frosty the Snowman and bertie bassett, thank you so much for the information! That clears that one up then! Must definitely be a typo on the Wastelandski.com website. Puzzled No wonder it's a cheap deal haha!

bertie basset, is La Grave off-piste/expert venue that bridges Les Deux Alpes to Alpe D'Huez? (I am not interested in off-piste per se but just being curious).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski lass, what doyles. Just had a look. If it includes an Espace Killy pass then the holiday is 30 quid cheaper than the pass alone Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski lass wrote:
bertie basset, is La Grave off-piste/expert venue that bridges Les Deux Alpes to Alpe D'Huez? (I am not interested in off-piste per se but just being curious).

No - it's 'round the corner' from the main ADH domain - see photo below

To get from ADH to L2A then you drive to the valley floor and up the other side (more or less) - or take a helicopter
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman - I know! rolling eyes Have been to Tignes twice and enjoyed so you shoulda seen how excited I got. And even if the deal was true, then saw you have to fill in a form and the page asks if you're in a big or small group. Am solo so that's no good.

Completely off-topic, apologies in advance, how do I get the formatting buttons up to reply, without typing first and pressing 'Preview' to get to them?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski lass, You do, I believe, get free days ADH, Serre Chevalier, Montgenevre and others if you buy a 6 day plus pass in Les Deux Alpes. That's what you get with an ADH pass and they have an arrangement with each other. Although last week, because of the variable snow levels in the different resorts some of them threw the toys out of the pram and suspended the arrangements temporarily. I do not know if they are reinstated now. Obviously, like has been said above, you have got to to travel, there is a special bus, once a week I think, from ADH to LDA so I assume there is one in the opposite direction. Not sure how much.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is indeed a bus from LDA to ADH, think the TO's flog it around 8 or 10 euros, something like that (last time we were in LDA was 2012 so may be different pricing now).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski lass wrote:
Hi all, I tried a search on the Forum to find the answer to no avail. I was having a general look for ski deals and came across something for Tignes where the lift pass included is Les Deux Alpes. I know that the Espace Killy pass covers Tignes so I am wondering what the Les Deux Alpes one covers? My geography of the Alpes is atrocious and tried searching on Google for the answer but thought someone knowledgable here may know. Smile

EK pass includes 1 day at Les Arcs http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57943 which I've considered doing but has also felt more hassle than it's worth.

I've never heard it includes Les Deux Alpes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jocrad wrote:
There is indeed a bus from LDA to ADH, think the TO's flog it around 8 or 10 euros, something like that (last time we were in LDA was 2012 so may be different pricing now).

Why bother ? Just get the heli there and back; much less aggro and much more fun
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fair enough dsoutar, but maybe not everyone would want to spend the 60 euros or so to do this.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jocrad, I think that still sounds about right, not really sure though as I always take the heli rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett wrote:
Ski lass wrote:

No - it's 'round the corner' from the main ADH domain - see photo below

To get from ADH to L2A then you drive to the valley floor and up the other side (more or less) - or take a helicopter

Thanks for that bertie bassett Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy