Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna do Campiglio in April

Poster: A snowHead
Blastfromthepast, We were there the previous week in 2013. We had more snow than we knew what to do with. It was two metres deep in the hotel car park with fresh snow every single day. Of course, past performance is no guide to future returns etc. but you get the idea.

If your accomodation isn't fixed in stone, then do give Campiglio/Dominic a call. He might be able to do better than what you have found. He was definitely better value than we could achieve when we considered self-organising...... and no, I'm not on commission!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a similar experience to foxtrotzulu in 2009 (IIRC). Last week in March - the cover was better than many places I've experienced (at any time in the winter). As in, everything was covered and to a decent depth snowHead All lifts were open and the pistes blissfully quiet snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last season was even better. We had record snowfall. At the end of February we had 9 meters at our top stations and were walking over the roofs of cars in the village, and the snow kept coming.
My wife and I were in the resort mid March and after 40 years skiing, I'd never witnessed snow like it.

FYI it snowed last night at Groste, with a mild covering at Spinale.
Of course, this was all gone as soon as the sun came up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a great picture of my daughter playing on top of the swings in the playground in Feb ... by on top I mean on the top bar there was so much snow
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm surprised you could even get into the playground.
Presently, the word is we're in for another similar season.
Note to self: invest in some new snow chains.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Presently, the word is we're in for another similar season

Hmm.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's Hannah on the swing

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all, Lisa here with my 1st post on here, but many posters on here know me.

Just to say that the old link from Madonna to the Orso Bruno café in Folgarida has been ripped out and the new one is being put in as we speak. It's a high speed detachable chair and should be open in November.

I'm not really sure how this Snow Heads site works so if I do any wrong please let me know.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Lisa,
Interesting - I was not aware of this (we live and learn)
Can you just clarify the lift number - is it no.6?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes it is the number 6 lift. They are, I think, going to rename it Seggiovia Vigo. There is a very big new building being built at the bottom of the lift. I’m not sure what is going to be in it. If you look at the lift company's website they have a video of the new pylons going up. They say it will have it's safety certificate by mid November.

The new lift that was planned to come up the side of Busa Del Vigo Piste has been put on hold for a while, well not this year anyway. That would have been a good addition as it would have opened up a whole new area. I’m not sure why it has been put on hold. Maybe it was lack of money, national park objections or something else.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's a lot of projects on the drawing board at the moment, including a replacement gondola lift on Belvedere.
The lift company is still reeling financially from the installation of the Pinzolo Express and the new helicopter station on top of the North/South tunnel.
The likeliest reason for delaying a new lift up the side of Busa del Vigo is probably purely financial.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lisa_BrentaSki, Lisa that replacement lift is really good news, do you have a link to the news on the lift companies web site. It's also good to see you posting here; look forward to seeing you again next February.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome to snowHeads, Lisa_BrentaSki snowHead

As stevew says, good news for those travelling back to Folgarida or Marilleva.

They just need to replace the one up to Monte Spolverino, now - the old 2-man affair that take your legs out as it whips round, then slowly climbs up to the summit (still, it is a nice view, I suppose Laughing )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lets' hope Lisa comes back on - I'm probably missing something but I cannot find any info on the improved link to Folgarida.
I do know that several projects are going forward.
The largest of these is the use of Lake Montagnoli to help produce a lot more water for the snow machines.
The Zeledria chair lift is going to have an automatic raised platform for children, and there is going to be improved access to the Fortini travelator.
Finally, pistes nos. 70 and 90 (Spinale Direttisima and Paculogo - two black runs) will be left in powder for a day after snowfall for off piste skiers.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

pistes nos. 70 and 90 (Spinale Direttisima and Paculogo - two black runs) will be left in powder for a day after snowfall for off piste skiers.

That sounds wicked!!
latest report
I'm already deciding how to wax the skis Very Happy
ski holidays
Campiglio, try this link http://www.ski.it/folgarida-marilleva-val-di-sole/menu-skivacanze/vacanze-folgarida-marilleva/che-succede/che-succede-approfondimento/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3942&cHash=fdc8f1c9e68ccde90999ae9106332c53
snow report
Got it!!
I thought I was going crazy - this is an incentive of the Folgarida/Marileva ski lift company.
I was looking at the Madonna di Campiglio lift company which makes no mention of it.
snow conditions
Yup, took me a while to find it. I suppose the building the Lisa is describing will store the chairs when not in use.
snow conditions
Could be !!
Or perhaps just a large ticket office?
latest report
latest report
That's no ticket office !!
Puzzled
snow report
Possible one of those "garages" for chairlifts? If so, there's one just above Arabba - was quite interesting watching the chairs move up and out onto the actual lift cable one morning. Because it was ultimately underground for the most part, the impact on the mountain was greatly reduced, of course.
snow conditions
As a pure coincidence I had to speak with the tourist office in Folgarida about an hour ago, so couldn't resist asking ''why so big'?''
Believe it or not they don't even know themselves.
Next time I'm speaking with the lift cpmpany, Ill ask again.
I'm now hooked.
ski holidays
The new Monte Vigo lift will be a 4 seater express bubble chair, and the large departure station will serve as a storage unit for these chairs between seasons. Despite it's size, it appears that this is it's only secondary purpose.
I've also just been told that there is a new snow park under construction at Marileva.
latest report
As you can see they have moved the top station from where the old one was. It now ends at the same point as the 6 man lift from Marilleva (the top lift in the picture). This mean's you will be able to return from Madonna then ski all the way down to Folgarida from the top of the new lift. You will no longer need to ski down and then go up to Spolverino, unless you want to.

snow report
Lisa_BrentaSki, surely you'll still need to get chair 23 back up to Spolverino to get to Folgarida? Any way good news as it means you can avoid the walk around to that side and not have to head to the bottom of chair 7 to get back up as the queue there can be bad.
ski holidays
It's very simple to ski down all the way with no poling or lifts.

From the top of the new chair or the 6 man from Marilleva, take number 9 (Delle Rocce) down to the Solander Café then just follow 18 (Coll. Malghet Aut) to where all the cafes are at the top of the cable cars. From there you have a choice of No.1(Black) or No.2 (Blue) down to Folgarida.

Maybe this was the very reason they moved the top of the lift about 100m upwards. Not only have they created a 9km linked run from the top, but this will also get rid of the 3:30pm queue of people wanting to get up the Bassetta lift (No. 23) so they can get back to Folgarida.

For piste map, see here
http://www.brentaski.com/pages/skiing_piste_map.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lisa_BrentaSki, thanks, didn't realise you could do that, I've always used chair 23 to get over, will try that next year!
snow conditions
Isn't that essentially a track that winds down through the trees and comes out underneath or just at the end of the "beginner chairlift"? Quite a pleasant slide through the trees snowHead
snow report
Yes.
Very proud mummy time. Last year my 4 year old daughter made it all the way down that track from the top of Spolverino in "only" an hour. Mind you that was after 2, almost, full days of private lessons. Quite a few falls but no tears = large ice cream prize.
snow report
Snow is on the way according to my source in Madonna i Campiglio
Temperatures are dropping quite quickly and the first snow could arrive within a couple of weeks, if not sooner.
Very Happy
ski holidays
Lisa_BrentaSki wrote:
Yes.
Very proud mummy time. Last year my 4 year old daughter made it all the way down that track from the top of Spolverino in "only" an hour. Mind you that was after 2, almost, full days of private lessons. Quite a few falls but no tears = large ice cream prize.

Smile snowHead
latest report
Campiglio wrote:
Snow is on the way according to my source in Madonna i Campiglio
Temperatures are dropping quite quickly and the first snow could arrive within a couple of weeks, if not sooner.
Very Happy

We'll see. I hope it does though, but not this week from looking at the forecast
http://www.brentaski.com/pages/holiday_weather_forecast.html
latest report
At last!!! After months in development our new website for Madonna di Campiglio is on-line. We've added the resort webcams so if anybody wants to check snow conditions just click away.
snow report
Campiglio, website looks good Dominic!
ski holidays
Thanks - it's been quite a struggle to get it right, and there's still more to do, but I just hope it does justice to MdC.
snow conditions
Campiglio, agree with foxtrotzulu - website looks very good.
latest report
Thanks Cacciatore - still more to be added, including a hotel specific enquiry form and some branding around the holiday insurance form.
Quite frankly, after 3 months of development I just want to see an end to it.
snow report
Looks like my in resort oracle was right about the snow -
We're expecting it to snow tonight from top to bottom.
Fingers crossed that temperatures drop and we get our first base layer down.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy