Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiiing South America in the Summer (July)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone done this and can share their experiences please? I have searched the forum but I can't seem to find any definitive answers.

I have a major birthday this summer and fancy taking 2 weeks out to go snowboarding in South America somewhere. Looking on google a lot of the resorts seem to be very small and focussed on off-piste.

I am crap off-piste and I don't want to travel 13 hours on a plane for a hand full of lifts.

Is there a good time to go? I can do it on airmiles but that will be in July only which I read can be very busy.

I have found one resort in Argentina that has 36 lifts which looks ok but would appreciate a steer before I commit money to it.

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most seem to travel to south america for offpiste and backcountry. I don't think you'll find anything comparable to the big EU resorts for huge amounts of pisted terrain.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999 wrote:
Most seem to travel to south america for offpiste and backcountry. I don't think you'll find anything comparable to the big EU resorts for huge amounts of pisted terrain.

Thanks, may count me out then unfortunately which is a shame
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take a look at Valle Nevado in Chile. They have some nice pistes and the infrastructure is great with modern lifts. Its also a short drive from Santiago which is a beautiful city!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you think 40+lifts and 100+ runs concentrated just 40 km from a major thriving city is "offpiste and backcountry", then don´t consider the "Three Valleys" area near Santiago, Chile. I have lived and skied here for decades, and found it great. Days are 80% sunny, snow is dry, runs are well groomed, sunsets are epic, wine flows freely and cheaply, folks are friendly, and need I say more? Let me know if you want more info, I can even set you up in a ski in/out apartment with restaurants, ski schools, etc. within a block, check it out here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/444532 La Parva Apartment Ski In & Out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy