Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Resort for non skiers ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife is very sporty but is terrified of skiing ! I am thinking of a resort that has ski trails for walking and possibly she would take to Langlauf /cross country . Anyone got any ideas ? Spa treatments , gym etc would help ..so I can ski Nigel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most resorts have cross country and or snow shoeing I would have thought including rentals. Pretty much all of the Alps - this is a popular sport.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nk4seasons, why is she terrified of skiing? I am an experienced downhill skier (not an expert by a long way, but not scared) but find cross-country skiing difficult - I fell a lot when I started learning. Les Saisies has brilliant cross-country skiing, but NONE of the circuits is flat. I am having lessons this week - wonderful surroundings, peaceful, beautiful, away from the New Year queues and crowds. If she is not afraid of falling over, and is sporty, she might enjoy cross-country but I would strongly recommend lessons. It's not a matter of just shuffling round. Learning to control your speed on the descents is quite tricky! If she is terrified of falling XC skiing is maybe not for her.

Les Saisies also has plenty of walking/snowshoe opportunities (as do most resorts) and some spa treatments (expensive!).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wengen is good for non-skiers and has a number of toboggan routes. Zell am See is another one I'd recommend for non-skiers (there is some cross country available there, weather permitting)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks folks , much appreciated
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

there is some cross country available there, weather permitting

weather doesn't affect the XC skiing in Les Saisies, except in the most drastic circumstances, as the domaine starts at 1600m. If there's no XC skiing you have little chance of downhill skiing either!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nk4seasons, I'm in a similar position & was shortly going to put up a similar post.
A few years ago we went to saalbach/hinterglemm where we found that they prepare ( using a small piste basher type machine) a number of walks into the hills. The tourist office produced a brochure with details of the walks, including duration, distance, difficulty etc. The walks all stopped at at least one pisteside restaurant so at the beginning of the day she would decide which walk to do & pick the restaurant. She'd walk, I'd ski, meet for lunch & then again at an après venue at the end of the day. Worked a treat.
Would be delighted if your post throws up some other recommendations.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
that sounds a perfect arrangement nickH , will investigate . Thanks ...any other similar suggestions please ?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nk4seasons, I think you'll find that lots of resorts have walking/lunching possibilities. a lot depends on what your wife likes to do - some people think that "resorts for non skiers" have to have lots of sophisticated shopping opportunities but I can't imagine anything I want to do less on holiday. Another fun thing to try is a tandem flight on a paraglider. My kids bought me one of those for my 60th birthday.

Presumably you've tried and failed with the "private ski lessons with a charming instructor" route? wink

Also, don't discount doing a ski trip on your own and your wife doing something in her own sporting line.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy