Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon S810 bindings - won't adjust far enough for 345mm boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm off for my first ski trip in many years this week, staying between Annecy and Chambery so thinking we will go to La Semnoz mostly. I have picked up a couple of ebay bargains, perhaps unwisely(!), and now trying to adjust skis to boots. I have UK12 size feet and the boots I have are 345mm soles. My Salomon Scream8 170cm skis have S810 bindings but are at their maximum extension heel and toe, but appear to have too much forward pressure (though they do clip in). Are the bindings simply too small for my boots or is there some hidden adjustment somewhere? What is the risk of excess forward pressure? My partner is renting her equipment so I will ask the tech at the rental shop to have a look at my kit, but hoping to get most of the way there myself if possible.

Cheers,

Ben
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Re-drill required.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I feared as much. The skis appeared to be moulded on the sides to suit the current position of the bindings however, which would suggest they can only be drilled in the one position, in which case I guess my skis will never suit my boots Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy