Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes naturides

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having done a bit of a search about the naturides in Tignes but cannot find an answer to my Q's !

Does anybody know if they are definitely avalanche patrolled/secured and would travel insurance view them as pistes ?

I guess if it is yes to the above then I can ski them with no avi gear ? Also have they opened in tignes yet ?

Thx for answering and two weeks before I get to tignes....waaa hooo snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The piste map legend says and I quote "Naturide - black slope, patrolled, marked, not groomed".

On the back of the map it says "These are marked black runs that have been made safe but have not been groomed. Therefore, the natural snow conditions are preserved depending on the weather". So I think its safe to say that they are patrolled and secured, as far travel insurance I wouldn't like to offer a definitive - but they do have piste poles either side so I think it would be difficult to argue that they are not pistes.

So yes you could ski them without avi gear with a proviso that you stay within the poles. Not sure if they are open as I only got back today - I'll have a snoop tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Chocks, the online piste maps don't have the legend on, so couldn't remember what the deal was.

Have fun looking !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there a naturide that ends up between resorts (Le Lac and VC)? We took a wrong turn somewhere along the line and ended up on a fun but bumpy marked run with a smattering of powder over it, but had to catch a bus to get back.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rogg, That sounds like Golf
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, known as the 'bus stop' run for that reason. Normally has better snow as most people CBA to catch the bus.

Silene is horrible, just FYI.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most of the Naturides are now open with the exception of those from the top of the Tov (Envers Campanules Paquertees). Likewise Guerlain Chicherit is not yet open as we await the opening of the Col de Ves chair (but as its v rocky up there this may not be a bad thing!)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I discovered 'Golf' when I was in Tignes last year along with a few boarders. We absolutely loved it, it was so much more fun than the busy runs. We must have done it 20+ times over the week we were there, and only ever saw one other person on it. We thought the bus ride was a small price to pay for skiing that good Very Happy (Granted this was when it was dumping powder every single day and you could barely move for the fluffy stuff, so I can't comment on how it is in other conditions.) snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Col de Ves now open so Guerlain Chicherit is added to the list. Up there this morning - some nice snow around but a bit thin in places "scraaaape - F***!" came the call
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Golf is a brilliant run! Did it a couple of times with heaps of choppy powder on it when we went. Was steep in places but because of the deep snow I got down it no probs. was surprised at myself when I finished it. Awesome runs Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy