Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Seasonairehead returns

Poster: A snowHead
Blatant pimp for my daughter, last couple of seasons she has written (like others do I know) a blog as life as a Seasonaire.

This is her third season (doing her own thing) after a pretty disastrous season last year.

Obviously I'm biased but she does write well (all the education and English degree), making for an amusing read for most, though I suspect there will be as ever the usual negative comments.

Anyway check it out here
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best of luck to her, hope she has a cracking few months
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weathercam, Where has she gone this season?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
marcellus, Tignes I believe. Stick to what you know. Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weathercam, seems like a good read, and I like her writing style. I'll be tuning in for episode 2
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam,

Enjoyable read, will look out for the next installment
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WeatherSpam, chin up muckha its much better than youre last efffort, less abuse of dogs in this one I hoep. BTW its not realy a blog is it?, its an advertorial for youre advertisers on a www site that you happen to be the publisher/owner fore

Still C plus, NExt year you might make a B

Happpy Christmas to you and all the spams
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charliebigpotatoes, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Handy Turnip, mozwold, and others - Episode Two now up here
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So she is basically skiing and having a wee wee up while not working, and hasn't done, witnessed of heard anything interestign to blog about. So far, boring.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers Weathercam, very enjoyable. Great photo of the fireworks at the start too Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Problem with a blog your parents read is that you can't put what really happens or any of the interesting bits in.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
emwmarine wrote:
Problem with a blog your parents read is that you can't put what really happens or any of the interesting bits in.

Indeed would have thought most posts would be vetted, I know with our children that they clearly choose what they are prepared to let us see & know about Skullie

Surprised, not at all Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it must be a bit like having to write a postcard home to your folks and hiding all the real photos before you get back.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Belle de Beige?

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 10-01-14 22:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Charliebigpotatoes, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
ringingmaster, finally has to be said after all the flack from certain people (which is par for the course) that I do find looking at Charliebigpotatoes, signature to be quite ironic after what I've been doing all week, and that is indeed digging snow holes on La Meije analyzing snow profiles & avalanche hazards, and skiing La Grave (which I'll be doing on and off for the rest of the season) rather than making inane quips from an armchair back in the UK, but hey ho this is a forum rolling eyes

But we're a pretty chilled family and usually the old man (moi) behaves worst than my daughters much to their embarrassment Laughing

And yes, I'm sort of proud that I have two daughters working in the mountains rather than them being stuck in the UK watching East Enders every night..............

Oh and Kat.ryb take a look at this
ski holidays
rah rah rah rah
latest report
Quote:

Ha ha yeah hadn't thought about that!

Quote:

Oh and Kat.ryb take a look at this

Now that is interesting, and quite a chilling read.
snow report
Very good blog and website. Why do we assume the average early 20 something is going to write something that will make their parents blanch. Hope you all have great seasons. Enjoying the sere che thread as will be out there in 2 months.
snow conditions
Weathercam, I think he may possibly be taking the wee wee out of the fact that almost every aspect of your posting on snowheads lately is referring to your new website. Great site but mentioning it here a bit too often perhaps?
latest report
ringingmaster, I know it's a fine balance.............

But for instance if I write a review / blog of what I've been up to this past week (avalanche course) I'll do that within the pages of the site and then link to it from the Off piste section and not here as that is where the interest is more likely. Like wise if I write about snow weather reports for Serre and the Cam etc then I'll just link to them from the Serre weather report thread.

Now where would you suggest (opening myself up for more flack) that after the competition which is in my sig below finishes end of next week we then have a pair of superb and expensive Scott LCG Goggles to give away, though Mrs and I are trying to work out what the mechanic might be, rather than just send us your email etc.

Maybe send us your best photo and the winning photo will win the goggles as well as being one of the banner images on the site???

All thoughts gratefully received Cool

Though obviously will change my sig.........
latest report
Well, I like the blog - read both episodes.
My daughter is about the same age. We've discussed her (and her slightly younger brother) doing a season.
Always thought it would involve a proper job: working with Travel Company or in a shop/bar/restaurant.
Impressed Camlette is just winging it, and running more on hope than anything.

Anyway, the New Year Party looked quite some occasion.
La Plagne has a similar party:
The Pompom Rouge.
The only time this Old Timer was there for New Year, bed was more tempting than a bus ride round to Bellecote Sad
A mistake methinks.
ski holidays
"Flying the Tour-Op nest means having to wing it with work but more time to ride"

Third episode now up here
latest report
Quick pimp time - Episode Four now up - and.....

CHALET OR SHAN'T I? GOING BACK TO CHALET HOSTING rolling eyes

Episode four here

For old Farts you might find it uncomfortable reading at times Toofy Grin
ski holidays
4 blogs and its mid March... lol..
snow report
Weathercam,
Quote:

you might find it uncomfortable reading at times
In what way? Confused
snow report
Can't remember my 24th birthday. Doubtless spent in some pub in Bristol.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
She's complaining about being old and doesn't want to go out at 24 on season number 3? Ridiculous! You can sleep when the season is over!
latest report
Bring back Charliebigpotatoes
snow conditions
24 and complaining the the 18 year olds are immature ...

Puzzled

Not the image or persona I was looking for when I recruited chalet girls or resort reps.
snow report
Quote:

if I write a review / blog of what I've been up to this past week (avalanche course) I'll do that within the pages of the site and then link to it from the Off piste section and not here as that is where the interest is more likely. Like wise if I write about snow weather reports for Serre and the Cam etc then I'll just link to them from the Serre weather report thread.

Sounds like a good idea. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy