Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings for Fischer RC4 Race SC

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a pair of these Fischers (3 seasons old) and love them to bits and fancy upgrading to the latest model.

I have the oportunity to get them with Fischer FS 10 Railflex2 bindings but Fischer actually recomend the FX 12 Railflex2.

According to Fischer, the FS 10 are of skill level 3/4/5 whereas the skis are 7/8/9 (about my level)

Does anyone know if the bindings make much difference to your skiing ??

I weigh a bit over 80 kilos but I'm not a particuarly heavy or aggressive skier so I'm not worried about them popping off to much but I don't want to get bindings that won't allow me to ski at my best ... I've read sales literature about more expensive bindings that 'enhance the skier's performance and set new standards through more reliable and more effective power transfer' .

Does anyone know if there is anything in this or can you not tell the difference between bindings once your skiing?

cheers

Rich
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's unlikely that you'll notice much to be honest. Especially this bit:

Quote:
'enhance the skier's performance and set new standards through more reliable and more effective power transfer'

I know nothing of Railflex2, Railflex is good system so unless they've improved the actual 'flex limitation' system (which even lots of advanced skiers couldn't actually tell you if there was a difference or not), the main difference is going to the DIN settings. FS10 has a max 10 DIN, FS12, 12. Which technically correspond to the skier levels quoted by Fischer.

At 80kg and non-aggressive you don't need a binding that goes up to 12. Depending on your DIN settings it could almost be dangerous. A ski binding with a range for example of 4-10 should ideally be set with a DIN of 5-9, so a 6-12 would be 7-11 and so on, this is true for almost all bindings.

The only thing you need to worry about is that the bindings are compatible with the skis, can they actually be mounted? If yes then just get the new skis mounted with your old bindings.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RichA, You can put any bindings you like on the skis, and no, I don't think it makes an iota of difference. You just want bindings that are set more or less in the middle for you. If you're 80 kilos and not agressive, then a din setting of 8 is probably what you use. Therefore the lighter binding would be better (as parlor, says). I have huge problems to get light enough bindings for the skis I ski on, but have some sort of Salomon ladies rubbish on my Fischer WCs and they're fine.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys, some useful info there .. unless it's a massive powder day I rarely with ski with higher DIN than 7 so I'll take your advise and stick with the lower ones.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy