Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche in Val Thorens today.

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.valthonet.com/events/news/group-of-skiers-avalanched-in-val-thorens-this-morning.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is good everyone was safe. Odd statement on the website though:

"As we mentioned in a recent snow report, conditions are very unstable at the moment off piste, especially since all the fresh snow in the last few days. If you're heading away from the secured areas in resort make sure you have all the necessary off-piste equipment or hire a guide."

Surely a guide doesn't do away with needing the necessary bleeper, probe and shovel, the word 'or' must surely be wrong.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, Yes, just bad wording. I would say 'and', if you don't know the area.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could equally say that the fact that it doesn't say you need to know how to use that equipment isn't mentioned.... I think the meaning's clear.

"And" is less accurate, I think their wording is good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can I smell pedants on my shoes????
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
But presumably if the guide you hire is good he won't agree to take you out without having the proper equipment either way.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1, Absolutely right.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thecramps wrote:
Can I smell pedants on my shoes????

Look into your sole and decide. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geepee, I don't have one.

We can't afford them up north Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thecramps, No soles on your shoes? I'm tempted to say cobblers.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"or hire a guide" is fine, the implication is that the guide you hire will force you to have the correct equipment wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair Pink, Wrong again, cloggers is the correct term
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thecramps, Wrong again, doggers is the correct term
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thecramps, Ah, I didn't realise that you were a user of those fine traditional items of footwear, namely clogs. Anyway not wanting to sabotage the thread by further discussion of footwear I'll leave it there. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink, very good! rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
Alastair Pink, I was going to use that but I assumed most would not know what I meant and apply a different meaning to my post.

I was also fearful of being perceived as a smartar5e.
latest report
Alastair Pink, And as a boy I had a few pairs from the clog shop in Nelson, Lancs, if anyone remembers it. They were excellent. Great for skidders in the playground.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/SnRX6_Txpaw
snow report
They were lucky, there have been 5 avalanche deaths in the last 2 days across the alps.
So please be carefull out there
latest report
Avalanche Poodle, Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I find that entirely unsurprising. I was there the week prior to the big snow fall, and the off piste was solid with only a few basins of soft snow. We made the most of the powder when it came but avoided the big lines we'd been hitting in the days prior, as they would have been way too risky. Still got plenty of fresh tracks in the powder though!
latest report
ansta1 wrote:
But presumably if the guide you hire is good he won't agree to take you out without having the proper equipment either way.
Guides will also sometimes supply you with avalanche kit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy