Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginners need to knows/ list

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, Hope I put this in the right section but I believe I did, not been on a forum for a while lol.

So what I would like to ask all you avid skiers is a few things. Basically im 19 from England and me and the best mate have booked and fully paid to go to Bulgaria on a skiing holiday. ski pass, lessons and ski boots and ski hire are all included including flights, accommodation e.c.t lol.

said best mate has a vastly bigger budget than me and can quite frankly do what he wants. I on the other hand have a much smaller budget and would like to ask your help and experience.

For my first and potentially last time on the slopes what equipment/gear do I need to buy (don't worry about prices Ill shop around) I am staying for 7 days and I am going February 22nd. Help me compile a list of all my essentials and keep out the crap I don't NEED to buy.

Thanks for your time and help and plz reply soon want to know any more details just ask ill be monitoring this post for a few days Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thermal base layer
Ski Jacket and Trousers
Goggles
Gloves
Thin ski socks (and only wear one pair of socks in your boots unless you want blisters by the end of your first hour)
Suncream and lip balm
Helmet (I really wouldn't trust a rental one that has potentially been crashed in and at least kicked around the boot room)

Get down to your local Aldi, they had ski gear as there offer a few weeks ago and certainly my local ones still have plenty of ski kit in and can kit you out with all you need. Failing that T K Maxx or Decathlon will be your cheapest Aldi gear is fine, I've a pair of their softshell ski trousers which are in their 4th winter and plenty of snowdome time and still going strong.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh and have a read of this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22621 some of the links are out of date (for example Tchibo aren't in the UK anymore) but the advice is spot on!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I PM'd you (see top right)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you very much for all the info guys I got a plan ;D
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zendo, A bottle of travel wash and two sets of clothes for the slopes, same for after. Don't bother getting bottom base layers unless you expect temps of >-10C.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And a cheap pair of fleece gloves for walking to the bars. If self catering take your own dish washer tablets with you, saves you buying a box. And for shopping take a bag, saves buying one while you are in the local supermarket.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

two sets of clothes for the slopes

but not jacket and trousers - only need one each of them. Wear one "non ski" outfit and have another (trousers and tops). Wear fairly stout walking boots or similar, that you could wear out in snowy streets and maybe take a pair of slippers.

It's worth looking in charity shops for ski jackets and trousers. They occasionally have good buys.

Have a great holiday. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Correct, I should have said that, I was talking about underwear lol
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wear approach shoes, basically tough mountain trainers, usually gore tex membrane with vibram soles. Only because I wear them as every day footwear.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy