Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda Non-Skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are heading out in Selva in the new year, and have a non-skier (but keen walker) in the party. The information I've been able to find is a bit vague, so I thought I'd ask on here whether the cross country trails on the map double as winter walking trails, or if they are separate(and if so where could I find a map). Also, how easy/feasible is it for a pedestrian to access mountain huts to meet for lunches? Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They will only be able to access mountain huts at the top of gondolas. There are some walks around Ortesei which is a proper town and a short bus ride from Selva.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And Arabba too - we had a non skier, my Wife, with us a few years ago and my Son and I met her a few times both in Arabba and she took the gondola up as well. She did quite a bit of walking, a day out in Cortina, and loved it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hollando, From Selva there are footpaths to the other towns in the Gardena Valley i.e St. Christina and Ortisei/St. Ulrich. For part of the way the footpath follows the route of the old disused narrow gauge railway so is quite gentle. Ortisei/St Ulrich is the prettiest of the villages in Val Gardena in my view, and has an interesting museum about the Gardena valley history, including its long tradition of woodcarving. Also in Ortisei you can take the gondola up to the Alpe di Siusi /Seiseralm where in addition to mainly gentle ski runs there are also walks. Much more information on walks (and the Gardena Valley in general) here. Information on the bus services here. Also it is easy to take the bus for a day trip to Bozen/Bolzano which is the regional capital and also has the archaeological museum with the exhibit on Ötzi the Iceman.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seiseralm, as Alastair Pink mentions has loads of walks that criss cross the ski runs - it's very common to see groups out walking there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ortisei this June:
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Seiser Alm (Alpe di Siusi ) is an excellent place for a non skier to be . Its basically a large basin with ski runs all around , cross country skiing at the bottom and walking routes too but is only accessed via a gondola ride up.

It should be possible to meet your friend for lunch but you need to plan it in advance with maps .I would ask your hotel in advance for info and maps on the walking /snowshoeing routes and they will get it ,if they don't have it already, from the local tourist board.

Your friend may want to consider snow shoeing there or even cross country skiing which has one of the best tracks in the South Tyrol with easy hire and instruction .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the info everyone. We've got rental car so that should make getting round to various places a bit easier. Will have to have a look at restaurants on Alpe di Siusi now...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy