Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski boots for intermediate skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I plan to get a new pair of boots for my trip at the end go January.
I would call myself a cautious intermediate. I am comfortable on blues and many reds and ken get down most slopes if I have to.
I am getting some instruction locally and the instructor has suggested a flex on 90.

Any advice on fitting etc. How do I know and ensure a good fit.
PS my feet are pronated - what should I be looking for to help with that.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in or near Belfast to have boots fitted?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tspill, for Belfast i would look at Climate ski for my first option, speak to Des
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If your feet are pronated, it is worth spending money on proper orthopaedic footbeds, made specifically for you, to ensure that your weight is evenly distributed, not on one edge. This means either seeing a podiatrist who knows about skiing, or using a boot fitter with equipment which measures where the pressure is on your foot so that when you wear the boot your weight is evenly distributed.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hence the reason for the above recommendation, Des owns the store, his wife is a podiatrist and has a practice upstairs (last time i saw him)

pronation is not a disease although many people treat it as such, it depends on how badly the foot pronates and how flexible the foot is as the what the best solution is... the mark 1 human eye ball is about the best way of assessing the foot, help from a podoscope or a pedigraph can be useful but a box of electronics is IMO overkill when it comes to most people in ski boots (from a guy who has a box of electronics in his store if required)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM wrote:
hence the reason for the above recommendation, Des owns the store, his wife is a podiatrist and has a practice upstairs (last time i saw him)

pronation is not a disease although many people treat it as such, it depends on how badly the foot pronates and how flexible the foot is as the what the best solution is... the mark 1 human eye ball is about the best way of assessing the foot, help from a podoscope or a pedigraph can be useful but a box of electronics is IMO overkill when it comes to most people in ski boots (from a guy who has a box of electronics in his store if required)

Thanks. Will try to get to Climate in the next while.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM wrote:
tspill, for Belfast i would look at Climate ski for my first option, speak to Des

Got a nice new pair of Salomon X-Pro 100s today from Des at Climate Smile
Thanks for the recommendation.
Cant wait to get using them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy