Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Britain's only downhill racer - Finlay Mickel - talks to the press

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This winter Finlay Mickel will be the only Brit competing in the downhills, starting with the Lake Louise event this Saturday and climaxing at the 2006 Winter Olympics.

Mickel is up for it and ambitious, looking to secure top ten or podium places after training intensively in recent months.

Here he talks to BBC Sport and - much more extensively - to The Telegraph about his prospects, and life.
Quote:
Last year at Wengen I had an amazing experience. I started at No 1 in the oldest World Cup event on the circuit and also the longest at 4.3 kilometres. I had a great run on a perfect blue-sky day and was turning into the huge Hundschopf jump, cut into the mountain like a cliff jump. My boots clipped together just before I took off and with 20,000 people watching at the bottom, I got completely wild off the jump, flapping my arms out of control, 'winding the windows down' as we call it.

His boots clipped together on the Hundschopf? Sheesh!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I remember seeing that on the TV and wondering what had happened, hopefully he'll have better luck this year
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It would be great if Finlay came good in this Olympic year. The signs were there last season...

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode on Finlay:
Quote:
“he has got a lot of great attributes: he has really fast skis, he is a big kid, he is a great glider and is really soft on his edges, so he has been getting results even with that lack of intensity. Skiing with the US Team has helped him some as Daron skis with a huge amount of intensity and I ski with a huge amount of intensity and I think that he cannot help but ski fast!” … “But there is no question that he can ski his way into the top ten on just about any course.”

Read the full Bode Miller interview - by Neil McQuoid of Racer Ready Magazine...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I remember seeing that on the TV and wondering what had happened

It looked pretty spectacular live ! Now we know why his arms and legs were flapping about, trying to regain control
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The question is: how do your boots get clipped together on the inside surfaces?
It seems a bizarre incident.
I wonder if Martin Bell was there and can throw any light on what could have caused this?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, I didn't see that race but I presume the boots knocked together as a result of catching an edge. Bit like Bill Johnson at Wengen the time he won it...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy