Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lower Grand Massif Resorts - Snow Making

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like they might be getting their act together on the snow making front in the lower grassy resorts of the Grand Massif – which would make a nice change! I am off on the 17th for the weekend so hopefully it will be better than last years poor show - eneded up driving to Megeve!

http://www.ski-sixt.com/webcam/G1sairon/G1sairon_00001.jpg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK for now, but will they have the water reserves to carry on for long?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NorthWestFace, I am surprised Megeve was skiable if the Grand Massif wasn't - Flaine is usually one of the first areas to open in the area, Les Contamines can be earlier and better though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CP, this is a common misconception, a lot of higher skiing needs a lot of snow to be skiable, Flaine's a particular case in point, the high sections are lethal without enough cover. Meadow land like at Megeve doesn't need much cover to be skiable.

Some photo's from Morillon that weekend last year, here.

A few weeks later at the top of Flaine there was so little snow the lift was left high and dry, here.

Actually Megeve usually open Rochebrune pretty early normally.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ise, I used to ski this area regularly, as a day skier, and remember the delights of the winters of the late 80's so can't agree with you more. Hence my comment of Les Contamines, which has a lot of North facing and always was a good bet for better snow when the other ski areas in the region were rocks and cow pats.

The wind at altitude has a lot to answer for, I think last season was a good example of this from what I saw at Villaroger/Les Arcs ( December ) and La Rosier/La Thuile ( February ). In both weeks the snow lower down was much much better than higher up - we lucked in twice Very Happy

I hope we follow the snow fairy this season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ise,

yep, that day last year flaine only opened a couple of the drags at the bottom, even when I went back in early Jan all the brits where piling up to Flaine while all the locals turned up to Ski Les Carroz and Morrilon. I ventured over out of curiosity and couldn't recognise the place from the chair on the way up and the whole terrain looked so different - I think the only run open was Crystal down the east side.

Saying all that I am still booked for the 17th!!!!!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy