Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kitzbuhel snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi i will be at kitzbuhel on the 28th and just wondering what the weather is like at the minute thanks in advance karl
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks a bit like this at the min:

But this is probably more what you are after:

Here are some wigglies which I think are the nearest ones:

You want the top wigglies (temp) below the red line and the bottom wiggles (precipitation) as high as possible.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And you want to stop calling them "wigglies" unless you are under 12. In which case it's fine.

Then again it's fine whatever you do. But calling them wigglies just makes you sound under 12.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nozawaonsen, actually you'll notice I called them "wigglies" and "wiggles"... as for sounding under 12... least of my worries, you should see how I look!

"Wigglies" was coined a few years back on this place... can teach an old dog new tricks but you can't lead a donkey two in the bush.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Like I said your choice. Just makes you sound like a Russel Brand apologist with his "booky wooky" nonsense. I don't mean any offence, it just makes me cringe.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
John Barr and I skied the southern part of the Kitzbühel area today, so here's a current report, just in time for Karlos1986's visit (or just too late). We started out at the new Wagstätt gondola in Jochberg and found a fresh sugar coating on the trees. The run back down to Jochberg had pleasant new snow, though I suspect on the pistes most of that was artificial and there had only been a couple of cms of natural snow. Away from the pistes the cover is pretty thin. The photo shows the run by the new lift...

The pistes were mostly in good shape, though with occasional scraped bits and here and there more moguls than I would usually expect, challenging at times. With the weather chillier than it has been recently, we stopped at the traditional Trattenbachalm hut for hot chocolates. Built in 1866 it is small inside but has a large terrace for sunny days, with views to the Grossglockner and Grossvenediger...

The weather had two sides. At the far end of the area, at the Resterhöhe/Pass Thurn, and in the valley beyond, mists persevered all day despite strong wind at times and it was quite cold. However, in the afternoon the run back to Jochberg was in the sun - here a view looking to the Panoramaalm hut with the 2000er chairlift beyond it...

There was queuing for several of the lifts but only up to about five minutes, I think. Hope you enjoy your trip, Karlos1986.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
espri, great report thanks for sharing! Glad you are enjoying things! Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After yesterday's snow and rain, today's weather was completely different: a real bluebird day. Here's a view from the top of the Fleckalm gondola, looking over the Hahnenkamm towards the Kitzbüheler Horn...

After meeting jafa and friends, we skied the Kirchberg side of the Kitzbühel ski area. This photo was taken going up the Ochsalm chairlift...

The new snow yesterday did bring a little softer stuff alogside the pistes, though no great depth. The pistes themselves are in fine condition, though mostly hard-packed. A little queuing at a few lifts but never more than a few minutes. We skied the Pengelstein runs and also the Maierl pistes back down to Kirchberg, with here a view over the Schneebar Oberkaser with the Wilder Kaiser mountains in the background...

A good day's skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How is it now in Kitzbuhel?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kevin Byrne, 36cm in the valley 80cm on top. Plenty for piste skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I skied in Kitzbühel yesterday with friends and in general the snow conditions were good. There were some hard/icy patches but not that many and the only really harder work was lower down the Family Streif where late afternoon the run was chopped up and a bit mogully. Weather was great - up top. Down below was misty but even there visibility wasn't bad, e.g. on the Pengelstein (which was quiet, quite busy elsewhere). The main valley runs were skiable (the Fleck, piste 25, Kampen, piste 22, und Asten, piste 20, were closed). Here's a view taken early on as we arrived at the top of the Fleckalmbahn, looking over the Hahnenkamm...

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
espri, still looking good then. It's absolutely chucking the snow down here in Starnberg so hopefully will also top up the hills for the next while.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy