Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiset Discount

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skiset are offering you up to 45%* discount - simply enter code skiclubnm when booking online at Skiset.co.uk

The asterisk means
"*depending on your holiday dates and the category.
This offer is only valid on the skiset.co.uk website up to 01/05/2014."
whatever that might mean...... ????

Lifted from unsolicited spam email from SCGB. If it helps you - go fo it. No endorsement or recommendation implied.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The auto link might lead you believe there is a mutual benefit in using skiset - click it to find the truth. But a 45% discount might flatten the moguls somewhat.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 19-12-13 11:59; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No that's an anti-tie-up with sH Wink

Never had a problem personally. Excellent service, and even better service from the one I dealt with directly. But Admin's experience seems somewhat different.

alpinresorts give 50% discount. but ime 50% off a higher price was more expensive then 45% off a lower price. and the shop is the same one.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 19-12-13 11:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andy, sorry - clocked onto the problem and edited very heavily while you were posting. Cross Postitis.
Admin was only commenting on price - I think.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dubaian, I saw Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use Skiset for kids - had no problems with them - always get direct mails from them with various discounts and use them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, nothing to do with price. Sometimes skiset is cheaper: more commonly alpinresorts is. Sport2000 is also a big chain so worth checking out.

Simply put, I have every reason to believe that if you have a problem with a booking made through the Skiset central service, the shop will refer you back to them and they will screw you as a matter of policy*.
Better to deal with the shop directly or book through another service.

*note this is not because they screwed me, Skiset actually offered me a substantial sum last season to work with them, however I turned them down as, for a number of reasons, I don't trust them.

Obviously lots of the shops are great, providing as good service as any other skishop - not all are though, you have no way of knowing in advance which are the bad ones and when you get one.... you'll know what I mean.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 19-12-13 12:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Almost every ski I've had from the 1 beggining with S has been a brand new ski, never used, or clearly that season's ski so definitely no more than a few weeks use.

The one beginning with A has given me last season's skis, but tbf, that was probably in their description of "gold".

Intersport I've only used once.

Only one that ever truly boogered up was Inghams, and they tried to pass the buck on to my travel agent, and accuse me of lying.

Will continue to use whichever shop or online service takes my fancy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin, wow that was quick - thanks for the clarifications. Goldfish would no doubt want supporting evidence for your opinion - I'll accept it peacefully. snowHead

Fait Bon Ski
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tried booking some skis on the Skiset website earlier today and it's just stuck giving me the message "Hire until undefined NaN undefined NaN included".

It's either a very badly written site or it has got me mixed up with an Indian takeaway order.

I should have learnt my lesson from last year when I booked some skis to be picked up from one of their shops in La Plagne, then to find on arrival that the shop only rented boards. Confused

Geek-alert: Yes, I know it means Not-a-Number.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Probably find it's your browser that's defective.

Had similar with Accor/Ibis hotels webby. Worked on new Chrome+Linux. Gave lots of NaN for dates on Windows and older browser. Works again now that I have newer Chrome with Windoze.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was using latest Chrome on XP. A hard refresh fixed it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy