Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP: What is the ratio of front ski to rear ski with bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all.

My wife and I are just getting used to our 1st set of ski's (2nd hand).

I think mine are ace, so glad I kept this boards advice and kept the twin tips Very Happy

My wife also seems to like hers, although she thinks she is too far forward on the ski.

Not knowing anything, when I got home I measured my ski from the front tip to the front of the boot, and divided it by the distance from the rear tip to the back of the boot.

It came to 1.25

I then did this with my wifes and hers came to 1.25 as well.

Can some please measure their ski's and do this calculation for me.

If it means anything I am an intermidiot and my wife at best is cautious.........although I think I saw here smile at one point today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kiteman69, there is usually a handy mark on the skis (put there by the mfr) which corresponds to an equally handy mark on the boots.

These should line up when bindings are correctly fitted and adjusted. Some differences exist. But more or less and especially if they're your first pair, that'll be what happens.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well bu99er me, I never knew that Very Happy .........I never even spotted them before

Mine line up +/- 1mm so I will not change anything.

However my wifes are indeed forward by 15mm, worth changing? (they are adjustable bindings)

What difference will it make, and should I let my wife watch so that the Placebo effect may work as well
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are hers womens or mens skis? I believe womens should actually be mounted further forward than mens due to their centre of gravity being different. Or am I talking rubbish?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kiteman69, there's a 'boot centre' line on most skis (boots have a wee mark or arrowhead for the same) experienced skiers may prefer a little adjustment fore or aft but you'll find nearly all skis are set to the 'standard'. There are differences in where the manufacturer will place that boot centreline dependent on how the ski is constructed or the type of skiing the ski is aimed at for its use. My line P3s are very much centred in the middle of the ski for mucking about in the park and being equally weighted for spins (not that I have any ability above self-harming numpty), whereas my long sold Atomic SX10s had very short springy tails for bouncing out of short turns and long noses with wide tips for hooking into very aggressive grip turn initiation (absolute sods for learning how to ski bumps . . . fail . . . ). Comparing skis of different type and manufacturer doesn't work. wink

Claude B, no, you're saying that your bum is smaller than a girls' . . . 'duck and cover?' wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Claude B, pass

they are these

http://www.sportsgearguide.com/scripts/alpineskimoreinfo.asp?ID=61

I bought them as they were the shortest pair of ski's I could find with an adult binding on them

Anyway, all the arrows now line up.

Worse, come to the worse I can easily adjust them back again.

(Just weird how my wife, who knows nothing about ski construction, thought she was unbalanced and too far for forward on the ski)

Maybe there is hope for her yet Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy