Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niederau hotel suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Am looking to stay in Niederau in January. If anyone has been I was wondering if there were any hotel favorites. Must be close to the slopes / ski school

We are one beginner and one intermediate. We went for a day this year while staying in Kitzbuhel and really enjoyed it. The skiing was easier for us by comparison. and was given brand new skis for a day ski hire!

I know it's quieter for night life, but is there at least one lively bar?

Thanks for your help
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
matt23, stick your question on the niederau snow report thread and someone will answer it....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If want close to the slopes - cannot get better than the Hotel Austria - across the road from the Main Gondola and with its own ski hire shop. Also it is next to a bus stop to head off to Auffach.

Hafenwirt is across the road from a button lift, cheaper than the Austria. 5-10 mins walk from Gondola otherwise, but that was easier than waiting for a bus. Food decent nothing special. Its owner is a "character" you either get on with him or hate him.

Staffler is basic but decent if want a cheaper place to stay.

As for bars - Have been in O'Malleys and the Cave Bar once - normally crash too early!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
matt23, Staffler is British run and very friendly. It is a bit basic but gets top Trip Advisor reviews. Cheap too. The Cave Bar is underneath the hotel or they have a lobby bar that gets buzzy around meal time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nowhere is very far in Niederau - we are staying at the Austria at the end of next week and it is very convenient for the lifts. The Alpenland also is and the Simmelwirt is just opposite the Alpenland. We used to stay at the Gasthof Brunner for years and you could not get closer to the lifts than that but it is now closed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hubert at the Harfenwirt is deffo a character. Great guy, but you either "get" him or not! You may find him walking off in mid sentence for instance because something's happened in the kitchen, or otherwise he may turn up at your table with a pint and sit down for a chat for 20min. He also has a deal for a days skiing down the road on the SkiWelt via Hopfgarten on Thursdays and organises a bus and an area day pass. Food OK, but the tables are big and you therefore have to sit in the same group all week, which is a pain if you're a couple and eating with a group who get on your wick.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed at Hotel Sonnschein last March - it's the sister hotel of Harfenwirt. Room was good but it is a bit further out, probably another 5-10mins in my boots from Hotel Austria which like TallGuyUK, said is opposite the main gondola. The hotel has pool, which I found not quite heated and a gym. Food was ok and even for me who is a vegequarian, I always had an option to choose from. Last time I stated there, I had to pay for internet connection which was poor - you can only get connected around the lobby area and part of the dining area - definitely not the room!

If closeness to the lift is priority, then Hotel Austria may be the best choice.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info guys looks like it's between Alpenland and the Austria

Thanks again and Happy Christmas. Here's to great skiing next year
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hiya, we have stayed at the Austria and the Harfenwirt ( fully agree with comments on the owner, weirdo!)
Whilst it's a lively village we prefer Oberau. Hotel Tirolerhof is the best! A lovely hotel with small pool, slope right outside and the most amazing friendly family run place. Just a short bus ride either way to Neiderau or Auffach! What more could you want?
Oberau is a smaller & quieter village.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are currently staying at Simmerlwirt and so far everything has been great. Staff are friendly and helpful, food very nice, easy access to gondola, crèche and ski school easy walk away and I skied right back to hotel!!! Very Happy snowHead Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I stayed at The Alpenland last year and would say that it is the best located of all for your demands, as ski school meeting place is directly behind the hotel and a few yards walk from the boot room. You can also access the gondola from the nursary slope drag lift at the back (which also makes the boot room, ski in.

If you are hoping to go to Auffach and Alpbach a lot (included on the same lift pass and with excellent intermediate skiing), then Hotel Austria is right on the bus stop (but Alpenland is only 3 minute walk).

Alpenland was a decent 3 star hotel. All rooms had balconies, there was a nice sauna and the food was decent if unspectacular. I ate once in The Austria and it looked a slightly higher class establishment (with pool) but I think you will pay a touch more for the pleasure.

Either way you should have a great time. The evenings weren't as dull as we had expected either (thanks to O' Mailleys and The Cave).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We usually stay at the Hotel Hannes, cannot go wrong and the owners are awesome! Food is lush and its opposite the Lanerkopfl Chair Lift. 5*!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You won't go wrong with any of the hotels listed above , we have friends there and the apre for such a small village is between 4- 8 pm there 2/3 decent bars . try the one behind the gondola the name escapes me , last
season it was run by a dutch couple very cheesy , but great atmosphere.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We stayed at the Austria a few years ago and had a great time. Loved the village and the people. But take a good look at the piste map as there are very few blue runs for beginners / timid intermediates. There are dozens of resorts that are better suited to you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy