Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs, Air Bag and Learning Flips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son (11) is rather keen to learn some flips on ski's this season. He's well practiced in the gym and on trampolines and can do well landed front and back flips from standing on solid ground. What we've read suggests it's pretty easy to transfer this skill to skis.

We're in Les Arcs for Christmas and it will be a couple of years since he last skied. He's booked in morning lessons with Spirit, and I'm planning to ask the instructor for some advice, maybe even a private lesson or two in this area. He's very motivated, so I don't want to discourage, but at the same time don't want him spending Christmas in hospital (or worse - seem to be some horror stories around too)!

I've seen on other threads that in previous seasons there has been a free air bag in Les Arcs - this sounds like a good way to practice the landing. Can anyone confirm if there will be an airbag around next week, and if so, which park we should head to?

Any other advice on learning this safely much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure if it's free. The La Plagne airbag definitely isn't/wasn't.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
f948lan, again not sure if free, but the airbag is usually in the main Snow Park above 1600 & 1800.

Have also seen one in the main Arc 2000 bowl
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year, the one in the snow park above Arc 1600 / 1800 was free.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the feedback. Seems the Les Arcs bag isn't out yet (think the park only opened this week). Anyone know if the La Plagne one is there yet?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been wanting to do the flip for a long time but first of all I would recommend doing the jumps in the snowpark just to get used to being thrown into the air, Have Fun and let me know how he does.. will be sticking a video up of my jumps and tricks to my trip to Les Arcs in April! Have a great tripf948lan,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy