Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone for Christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I've just joined a small group of solo skiers who got together through the Neilson forum for a trip away at Christmas. There are five of us so far, and we're looking for at least one other person to bring us to an even number (so 3 or 5 would be just as good!). We are 4 boys and 1 girl at the moment, so ideally looking for one other lady skier to make the room sharing easier. It seems that we are all 30-something intermediates. No destination planned yet.

Any lady snowHeads who might be interested?

Dave
snowHead

edited for poor maths

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 29-11-05 14:43; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone can't add up, 3boys + 1 girl =4 so what's the 5th, animal, vegetable or alien Confused Laughing

Won't be me I'm already booked in for Christmas and new year in Wengen
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doh! Thanks DG - time for a quick edit!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Are you still looking. I was hoping to book a last minute deal for Christmas week with a friend but she's hurt her back. But I'd still like to spend christmas skiing.

Cheers

Helen
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Helen,

It's possible, though I'll have to check with the chap who's organising and find out exactly where we are with numbers - we did have two lady skiers in the group a couple of days ago, but one of them might not be a definite.

We still haven't decided on a destination, but front-runners include Kirchberg (Kitzbuhel), Courchevel, St Anton and Val D'Isere. Did you have any preferences in mind? We'll be departing either 23rd or 24th December.

I'll PM you when I've some more info.

Dave

PS: Which airport would you prefer? We have so far got some going from Gatwick, and at least one each from Manchester and Birmingham - makes finding availability even more complicated!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dont forget 24th is DEAD Xmas EVE in Austria. Catholic Tradtions are strictly observed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dont forget 24th is DEAD Xmas EVE in Austria. Catholic Tradtions are strictly observed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, thanks for the warning, but it looks like we'll be arriving late Christmas eve, so probably won't want more than a good dinner and a few beers in the hotel.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave Burt wrote:
stanton, thanks for the warning, but it looks like we'll be arriving late Christmas eve, so probably won't want more than a good dinner and a few beers in the hotel.

That's not really true, Christmas eve' is the big night, the hotel will be doing the Christmas meal, singing round the tree etc etc.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So does that mean that Christmas day is not 'the big day'? What's a typical Austrian Christmas dinner? Turkey and trimmings?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave Burt wrote:
So does that mean that Christmas day is not 'the big day'? What's a typical Austrian Christmas dinner? Turkey and trimmings?

I think we've had various things over the years, it's been 6 or 7 course meals on Christmas eve' though. Really quite special actually. Not Turkey though for sure, Duck we've had at least once, trout for fish courses IIRC.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Italian alpine resorts seem to have their "big day" on Xmas Eve as well. Lots of courses. Xmas Day meal, very quiet by comparison. Not been in resort for New Year, so unsure how much of a celebration happens in Hotels.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After all that we were too late to book for Austria - always seemed to be one day behind the availability. Now going to Val D'Isere (will have been there 4 times in 12 months by the end of January - why don't other resorts have as many late deals?!).

Helen, I've dropped you an e-mail (but I guess you must already know that).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave Burt, They do, friends have just booked a very good Xmas deal with TOPS in the hotel Amethysts. Plenty of direct accommodation available here too. Nielsons are here too.

Most of Europe celebrate Xmas on Xmas eve - it's the Brits who are odd!!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny wrote:
Italian alpine resorts seem to have their "big day" on Xmas Eve as well. Lots of courses. Xmas Day meal, very quiet by comparison. Not been in resort for New Year, so unsure how much of a celebration happens in Hotels.

I've often wondered what Italians have for Xmas dinner, do you know?
ski holidays
ise,
Quote:

I've often wondered what Italians have for Xmas dinner, do you know?

Err no. I'm Embarassed to say that the food in our Hotel on the last trip was bland tourist fare, and not very tasty
Sad
Best forgotten!
latest report
Snigger I get a special meal on Christmas Eve (for the Swiss) and Christmas day (for the Brits) Oh and New years eve, that's Swiss hospitality for you wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy