Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BOOGER!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
You spend hours doing your research, checking prices. availability . . . all the stuff you do before shelling out some serious wedge against new kit . . . and someone moves the goalposts Mad

Some of you know I'm falling down the Frankentele rabbit hole, I already have far too much of a mixture of equipment and I need to rationalise . . . and lose some travel weight rolling eyes So looking at all my stuff I have some elderly Technica Alu Icon Carbons that are incredibly comfortable, concrete-flex, slippers for alpine, Crispi NTNs and my Garmont Duckbills . . . all being replaced by a pair of Scarpa TX Pros with Tech inserts. Might even make enough on eBay to cover most of the new purchase (but I will miss the sublime close fit and comfort of the Technicas and they were straight out of the box & not even fitted)

That's the boots down to one pair, now for bindings. Already have a set of 1st gen NTNs and a second mount kit and the same with some Bishop Bombers along with some Rotti 75s on the Teleboard. I was going to add a set of G3 Onyx to use the heels for the Frankentele and could use the Tech nose and TTS adaptor to have a Tech/Tele setup on a second set of skis and move the Bombers to the snowboard.

Logically all that works but FFS . . . all that stuff . . . but I was happy to make it work to give me all the flexibility I wanted to learn to tour, tele, and alpine with not much faffing around on just 2 pair of skis . . . some sharp turning ice cutters and some lighter fatter backcountry wanderers.

. . . . . . THEN! . . . . along comes the spanner in the ointment(sic)

http://www.moonlightskis.com/moonlightskis-home

who have produced this http://www.moonlightskis.com/moonlightskis-2-products

Which converts from Tech to tele just by turning the heelpiece.

http://youtube.com/v/R0QP5jg5HOg&feature=player_embedded

Just quiver killer anything I own to the same pattern and flog everything else?

edit: CrispY rolling eyes

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 18-12-13 2:11; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

and someone moves the goalposts

Booger those badgers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy