Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl, any snow there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody has “on the ground” information regarding snow conditions in Ischgl? I was planning to go there for a week starting Jan4, but snow depth does not look very encouraging and webcams (even on the top) don’t instill a lot of confidence either: big bare patches on the slopes. I know that Ischgl presumably has big snowmaking set-up, but I would rather not ski on the white ribbons on bare slopes. Also it looks like the big storm that is coming up is only going to dump 5-10 cm there versus 30 in France.
Since I don’t have booked accommodation in Ischgl, I have an option to going somewhere else. Was thinking St. Anton/Lech (which looks a little bit better at the moment and normally has better snow or go chasing big snow dump in France (if it will materialize): 3 Valleys, Paradiski or EK.
Any word of advice??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alex_sauvage, for that week, I'd wait a bit and see how it pans out - things could change a lot (though not necessarily for the better) in the next week or so.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alex_sauvage, forecast isn't bumper between now and then though could change quite a bit i guess, here are the latest Wigglies

Suggests above average temps even at 1800m and no dumps in sight...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So forecast would not be much better for Lech/St. Anton either, I guess Sad
So I probably should wait for predicted snowfall on Dec 20 and see how much better conditions would be in France by then??
I am flying to Zurich, so France ( at least big 3: 3 Valleys, Paradiski and EK) not as convenient as Austria, but still manageable.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just leaving Ischgl now and conditions are much better than you might think. Snow cover was really good, right into the valley. The snowmaking operation in Ischgl is pretty impressive, and a combination of that and natural snow gives plenty to ski on and does not give the impression of "white ribbons" at all. I'm not sure what the webcams showed, but right on top there was no problem with patches etc - good wide coverages across all pistes, with just about everything open.

The local forecast is for things to remain as they are for the next week or so (mix of sun/clouds, not much new snow, milder than usual for the time of year) but that could change before the New Year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_sauvage, Davos is due a big dump over crimbo - that would work from Zurich
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bergfex suggesting 60cms for Ischgl over Christmas for what it's worth.

http://www.bergfex.com/ischgl/wetter/prognose/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys! But I guess patience is not one of my virtues Smile Yesterday, before latest forecast for Austria came up I booked place in Val Thorens : when in doubt go high!
If there is no skiing in Val Thorens there is no skiing in Alps Smile So Ischgl will have to wait for another year Smile or spring time if can swing it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi all - I'm'm off to Ischgl with mates at the start of Feb (1st -8th). Getting a little bit worried with the lack of snow out there. Been checking Bergfex religiously and the picture does not seem to change all that much.

The next question is based on the assumption that some snow might arrive between now and the start of Feb - Does any one know any good guides? Few of us are keen to hit a bit of off-piste whilst there.

Thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Horse734 ridiculous to be worrying about snow when your trip is a month away. Agreed it doesn't look all that good for the next week or so but after that anything could happen. Also in Ischgl the apres is so epic that even if the snow is crap you can still have a great time there. I would quite happily go back for the apres alone. Regarding off piste, from my experience there is lots of easily visible and accessible between the pistes stuff in Ischgl for which you don't really need a guide, as long as you are clued up and kitted out correctly for possible avalanche risks. Maybe the new cable car has opened up some longer backcountry routes.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks HD. Good to know that there will be other forms of entertainment if the the snow is rubbish. I better brush up on my Apres songs!
You are right, there is a month before we go and in snowing terms that's a life time.

Thanks again
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pics from our visit last Jan to give you an idea what to expect:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151379203651774.525442.540691773&type=1&l=0142ef2642
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151387370836774.526414.540691773&type=1&l=a24c9276d4
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just back from ischgl, two days with a little new snow, but blue skies for the rest of the time. Pistes are ok, a little icy in wind blown or sunny spots. Little off piste to be had, there are exposed rocks, and blades of grass showing where boarders have been. The new lift serves an unpisted run, and was running. When we left today, rain was forecast in the town, but it would be snow in the mountains. The snow cannons were running at every opportunity. the new year fireworks were fantastic..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
First day in Ischgl today. Benefitted from a weak cold from and a few cm of fresh snow. Pistes great up top, evolving as the day went by. Even so there were still some hard pistes at the end of the day as well as some slushier stuff depending on aspect and traffic levels. No queues worth speaking of although pistes not that quiet. This place must really buzz high season !
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just home today and there was still plenty snow in the ski area, boosted by two little powdery top-ups this past week. Substantial bumps forming on many runs by the end of the day which were then groomed flat overnight to make a kind of corrugated neve those mornings without overnight freshies. The returns down to Ischgl and Samnaun were holding up well, there were lots of OP opportunities high up early in the day and it was fun slush-surfing the middle and lower runs in the afternoons.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy