Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

salomon q90 ? any opinions / experience

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm searching for my 1st ski purchase, rather confused by options !

In addition to considering the atomic panic (a narrower version of the atomic vantage theory), now discovered the salamon q90 - similar width & tip/tail rocker. q90 seems to be more 'shaped' with wider tip & tail.

A chap in a shop thought the q90 (or quest 90?) was suprisingly good on piste for a wide-ish ski.
the sally is much more expensive that the atomic - maybe because atomic's panic is too soft and flappy/chattery and thus not popular; while the Q90 might be a tad stiffer ?
I think both ski's would be 'fun all over the mountain' as it were, but maybe the atomic better in the park and switch ?

anyone know owt ?

G.

ultimately I guess I need to ski both and decide (expensive option 'in resort' but not in the longterm if i means i buy the right ski i suppose)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ok, seems last years rocker2 90 is atually quite similar. but no stock of this 2013 ski about in sales anymore....

it seems the best price again is that oddball german website snow-how.de ~360 euros inc. binding. for the q90. that's about 100 quid cheaper than uk highstreet.

not sure about length, I'm thinking shorter, despite the rockers, so 169cm maybe (i'm 75-80kg (depending on xmas eating) and 175 tall)

g.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatgaz, The tails /back of the ski is totally different on the Rocker and Q skis, the Q all have flat tails but similar spec in terms of size etc. The Q line is better on the hard pack than the Rockers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,
OK, so only a small rise in the tail on the newer q90 ski in compaison to the old rocker2.
I assume it's less good skiing backwards. (the vantage skis seem to have proper twin tips, though are 'directional' skis. )
But you then gen better performance skiing forwards !

Still very confused by what ski to go for. (it may be that I should go for a more piste iased ski and rent a park ski for the occasional day - or hunt on ebay)

G.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatgaz, Depends what type of skiing you do the Q90 is a decent ski, I am on the 105 this year, I was thinking about the 98 but my inner powder fiend gave in and won. They are still ok to ski Switch on but the flatter tails mean better grip on piste when carving.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatgaz, Personally I would go the Q98. I just purchased them the other week and the on piste performance is excellent. Was advised by a member from Snow + Rock in ChillFactore to go for this ski as it is more versatile and there is pretty much no difference on the piste between the two. I'm positive that whatever ski you choose from the Q-Line you won't go away unhappy Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy