Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's a fair price

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been offered a pair of last season's B2's, my size with bindings etc. I've alway hired in the past but will be going 3 times this year. What do you think a fair price to offer would be? Good mate so neither of us want to lose but I'm not desperate to own skis as hiring has always worked for me. Thoughts you wisenesses Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
martyngb, A couple of thoughts.... Do you really WANT these skis.....and...would this be a ski that you would pay full price for new. Have you skied the B2 already? Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take a look at what similar skis have fetched on ebay in completed items search maybe? I've just bought a pair of last years C9's off ebay for £120. They have had one week of use - including a service so ready to go. B2's look to be a bit more expensive - last few pairs I can see sold on their range from £165-£190.

Alternatively my insurer offers 70% of cost for second season skis if they are lost/stolen- again thats a nice independant way to work out a price?

Or suggest an early xmas pressie would be much appreciated Happy HTH aj xx
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowbunny, I skied the B2s last year for 9 days, really liked them. My first thought was that if I was to buy a ski it would be B2s. Further thoughts are that I should maybe try some other models etc. Although only last years they will have had nearly 40 days of skiing.........

Dilemmas!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
martyngb, You are failing to exhibit sufficient signs of lust for these particular skis. This years B2's are different again, so I would suggest that you pass, on the offer, especially given the amount of use they have had Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bottom line, will the possible surcharge of airlines + hire costs (for this years 3 weeks) = the cost of the B2s

Would you hire B2s in resort or try something different? Perhaps skis to match the conditions a little more. Test new models and different styles.

You will want to replace the B2 for next winter as it will have had 60+ days of skiing and whilst within their useful life span, tired. And frankly the ski will be "old" Wink and you'll want to buy (or hire) a new pair anyway.

You could always leave it to the power of ebay. Let your buddy put them online and just see how bad you want to ski when there are other bidders trying to score them... You'll both get a "fair" price... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
martyngb wrote:
I've been offered a pair of last season's B2's, my size with bindings etc. I've alway hired in the past but will be going 3 times this year. What do you think a fair price to offer would be?

How much is he willing to pay you for you to take them off his hands Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
40 days skiing on them, offer him £100......
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd say £120-£150 is a fair price if you know the guys not been hard on them as they're ski that always sells & you'd easily pay £200 for a new pair of last year's model without bindings. If you know he's been dropping cliffs, bashing rocks & stumps then adjust your offer downwards.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy