Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AlpeDHuez advice...

Poster: A snowHead
Off there next week for Chrismas (woo hoo) so most important Q is...

Having not been before (apart from on a bike in summer) wheres the best coffee?

Note I asked "best" as this is France and I know good coffee is hard to come by.

Any other recommendations re, food (on/off the mountain) and runs welcome as well.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some real regulars on here who know far more than me but I've 3 visits so I'll add my take on the place.

Can't help with the coffee I'm afraid. Best meal we had in the evening was Au Ble Noir (best to book), lovely little place. On the mountain I like the little place down at Villard Reculas. Bizarrely I also like the cafe in the Bergers centre, it's an inexpensive place to grab something if the weather is poor.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure what your particular poison is coffee-wise - I like a grand noire
The stuff they serve up at La Grange, Les Airelles and La Combe Haute always goes down well after a nice lunch, esp if they accompany it with some free genepi Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, Espresso for choice but I don'tmind filter as long as it's fresh, but some of the stuff I've been served in France has tested that. I'll check out where you suggest.

Only 2 replys though Puzzled I wonder is they'd have been as sparce if I'd asked about skiing Tunnel?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The coffee in the boulangerie in town, just down from the Lutins Hotel is rather good, as are their croissants.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, I there a Lutins in Alpe D'Huez too wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
adithorp, Best food IMO Chalet d'Oz which is easy to ski past on the right hand side of the lower Poutran run down to Oz. Coffee is tricky, Les Airelles at Montfrais is pretty decent and they have a nice big terrace. Maybe worth trying the new Signal resto, opened last season and I didn't get around to stopping there yet.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you like cappuccino like they have in Australia then the place at the top of Signal might tickle your fancy. Almost as good as in Italy. The barista is a Brazilian guy. By expensive though 3.5eu from memory.
Otherwise the closest decent coffee is La Thiule.....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Claude B wrote:
Hells Bells, I there a Lutins in Alpe D'Huez too wink

OOPS Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
adithorp, It's been a couple of years since I've been but I seem to remember there was a nice little coffee house down in Auris. Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wondered how long it'd take to get a try "LaThuile" answer. Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great question adithorpe and thanks for raising it. I don't know the answer but the answers from others have definitely helped me because I'm in Alpe D'Huez this Xmas too! (with my two teenage sons).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great quesitonadithorp,

I'm there in the middle of January with my wife.

Having only just started drinking coffee, (I decided to try it on my 40th birthday..............it's not that bad if you have enough milk and a couple of sugars to hide the taste.)

I've set myself a goal of having a coffee and a cake somewhere on the slope which is in easy reach of a novice skier.......not me by the way.

Would you mind trying all such coffee shops/ mountains restaurants for me, and reporting back Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kiteman69 wrote:
Great quesitonadithorp,

I've set myself a goal of having a coffee and a cake somewhere on the slope which is in easy reach of a novice skier.......not me by the way.

Would you mind trying all such coffee shops/ mountains restaurants for me, and reporting back Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

There's a challenge I might find hard to resist.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's a challenge I might find hard to resist.
Quote:

Very happy to be employed by you.
snow report
I'll gladly employ you my friends Very Happy

But so that I can get you some official documents for you to work for me, can you please send me 5000 euros to cover the cost of admin.

You will get it back in your 1st wage slip..........................I promise Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hey up adithorp, how was you holiday.

Hopefully you santa was good to you snowHead

As you are now back, I am hoping you can shed some light on what are the best places to attend for the the all important "cake and coffee" debate
ski holidays
Difficult to say to be honest. The conditions meant quite a lot of pistes were closed throughout the week solimiting the choice of mountain coffee stops available. It was one of those weeks we tended to just keep going untill we dropped then headed back.

Folie Douce at the top of Marmottes1 had good(ish) coffee and nice hot chocolate. We used the cafe in the Bergers centre a few times either as a refuge from the weather or to give lift ques time to clear and the coffee/chocolate and cakes were good there, though the view leaves plenty to be desired.

Didn't try the Signal rest' as it was always a blowing gale when we got up there so just kept skiing but the ones we tried near the bottom of Signal weren't good or the one I tried in Oz (on a rise behind the lift station).
ski holidays
Thanks adithorp,

I think I better take a flask with me by the sounds of it Toofy Grin

Hopefully the weather next week won't be as wild
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy