Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport - French and Swiss sides?

Poster: A snowHead
Remind me please.

Which side do flights from the UK generally land at GVA?

Swiss or French?

To be more specific, I'm flying BA from Heathrow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swiss.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swiss.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Adam123, you will come out of the Swiss arrivals gate, if you want to go to the French side for car hire then there is a long signed route through the airport building.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jbob, mind read
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Adam123, if hiring from the French side make sure you get given chains to fit the car, and practice fitting them if possible. More important, make sure you know how to get back to the French side which is not self-evident.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
doesn't seem like we'll be needing chains this weekend unfortunately. Ice skates I'm told would be more useful based on current conditions
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're taking a satnav, add the position into favourites of your terminal so as to avoid any considerable confusion on the way back wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gad, I take it you've never actually tried doing that? Laughing I might try it sometime I'm early to meet a plane, just for a laff.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's one of those things that you only think of doing seven days after you should have done it!
We went to alpe dhuez last year and flew in to the French side, hired a car and off we went, seven days later and we couldn't find the French side and only after driving around and around for a good hour( or two ) that we thought, right just dump the car in the Swiss side and we'll pay the excess that it dawned on me to ask the staff in the multi-storey as to how to get to the French section Embarassed

Off we went with a map and we just made the flight, never again Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gad, Laughing The route to the French section is easy when you know how - on snowheads, if you search. wink But I don't think the satnav idea would work because the check-in section of the french sector has exactly the same coordinates as parts of the international airport. Your satnav, like all the road signs, would probably take you there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll have to take your word for that as it was the first time we'd flown into the French side, and I've just remembered something else, when we flew into the airport I said to the missus " you sort the car out and I'll get some cash from the ATM"
It was only when I tried to buy a coffee in alpe d'huez that I realised I'd took out chf200 instead of euros because we were at the wrong side of the airport.
It was all very confusing Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

it was the first time we'd flown into the French side

where did you fly from? Only French domestic flights go into the French side.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, The satnav will not work in the checkin - it has to have a clear view of the sky. It will even take some time to estimate where it is. My satnav seemed to think it was driving around Solihul until it approached Vernier which was very amusing.

The secret about getting to the French side of the airport is to head for Ferney not the airport. Actually the semi independent state of Ferney could be worth a visit in its own right. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferney-Voltaire
latest report
gad wrote:
It's one of those things that you only think of doing seven days after you should have done it!
We went to alpe dhuez last year and flew in to the French side, hired a car and off we went, seven days later and we couldn't find the French side and only after driving around and around for a good hour( or two ) that we thought, right just dump the car in the Swiss side and we'll pay the excess that it dawned on me to ask the staff in the multi-storey as to how to get to the French section Embarassed

Off we went with a map and we just made the flight, never again Shocked

Laughing we got lucky in the summer. I was really worried about getting back to the French side, until I realised the previous person that rented the car had been wise enough to program in the route Cool

My 2c on car rental - rent from the Swiss side in the winter, French in the summer. The Swiss cars all have snow tires included which is sometimes charged for in France. We used sixt the last couple of times through Geneva, and we're happy both times. (Alfa guiletta in winter, and BMW 1 sport in summer)
snow conditions
the price differences between the two sides don't make a lot of sense and aren't consistent at all - I generally check both in summer - it isn't necessarily cheaper in France.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy