Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Verbier question or two...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All. Just wondered if I could pick the brains of any Verbier experts please?

My wife was lucky enough to be drawn out of the hat at the London Ski and Snowboard show to win us a couple of nights (and 2 days lift passes) in Verbier.

We've decided to take a pre-Christmas weekend trip and have booked flights and transfers for next weekend. The lovely people at Verbier Tourist Info have put us up in the Bristol Hotel just off the Place Centrale, and we'll be skiing the Saturday and Sunday before Christmas.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for where to eat out for a reasonable (i.e. fairly cheap) cost? Pizza and such like will be fine for a couple of nights, and will no doubt eat up the mountain during the day. We've blown our Xmas spending money on the flights and transfers so any tips on keeping the cost down will be greatly appreciated (else there'll be no prezzies for the kids this year!).

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's "reasonable" to you? There is a Borsalino pizza across the road from Bristol, you can also have pizza in Fer au Cheval on the way to Medran. Good choice of pub food is in pub Mt Fort and beer there from 4 till 5 is 3.5 chf only. For cheap burgers go to Harold's bar on the square.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Given your username, you'll have to try 'La Vache' up on the mountain during the day as it is part owned by James Blunt. Prices are reasonable too for a mountain restaurant, and the food quality & decor is good. It is worth calling them to book a table though as it can get busy.

In town - well there are lots of choices, and it isn't all as badly priced as you might think - prices are normally listed outside each restaurant anyway so you'll know what you're letting yourself in for. There is also a take away pizza place just across Place Centrale. I didn't eat out much, but Offshore near Medran has a happy hour where pints of beer were chf4 each - about £2.50 - I can't remember the last time I had a pint in London or Switzerland that was so cheap! They also do decent looking food, with a full English in the morning if it takes your fancy Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for the Fer au Cheval.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IMHO the places on the mountain that aren't next to a lift are far better value, try cabane mont fort, au mayen or chez simon or simply getting further over the 4 vallee away from verbier

In town its hard to beat the burgers at Pub Mont Fort unless you eat from the hatch beside the post office (which is pretty yummy!). Borsalinos, pergola and fer a cheval are all reasonable. If you're only in town for a weekend though, go to Le Caveau or carrefour for mountain fare (raclette etc) or, even better, get up to chez Danny or marmotte for supper before sledging back down in the dark. not the cheapest but certainly memorable!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for Offshore.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Odd place the Bristol I've always thought...

Blunty, let us know what you make of it when you return
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We had a lovely meal at the carlsberg bar one afternoon with all of our group, we nearly all had the steak which they bring out rare and you cook it yourself on a stone platter with an accompaniment of mustards and the like.
The sun was shining, the views were superb over the alps and they had a live duo singing a load of frank Sinatra songs.

I thought " every bar should be like this " Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers guys, some great recommendations.red 27, I'll give you the heads up on the Bristol when we return. Thanks again!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy