Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marks on white skis

Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of very pretty white Salomon 'Origin Lime" skis. Stupidly I made the mistake of leaving them over the summer with the rubber tethers on that I use to stop them rubbing together when travelling. This has resulted in yellow marks on the skis. Sad
My husband has tried to remove the marks with a gentle abrasive cream they use in his garage to clean marks off cars but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas what I could use to try & remove the marks without compromising the integrity of the material please?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tip-ex? or bleach
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bizzielizzie13, Welcome to snowHead It's probable that some of the carbon black in the rubber has leached into the clear polymer of the topsheet . . . if so. it's there for good. I can't think of any way to bleach plastic and carbon black is a very stable product.

UV light? But that could destroy the topsheet. Look up 'the Piste Office', Jon may have a solution. http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had great success with a bit of good old Ajax bathroom scrub, but I already sounds as though you have tried similar. However, if the colour is actually in the plastic I doubt your chance of success.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WTFU -they're tools not jewels
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
put some stickers on them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dot., +1 Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bizzielizzie13, Treat them as badges of honur, skis will get scratched marked and beaten up such is life.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fattes13, They might just look like a giant pair of pregnancy test sticks wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cover them from tip to tail in the same rubber then youl have a nice pair of yellow skis
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanx to those of you who gave me good advice. Don't want stickers & know they are tools not jewels but am cross that it was my stupidity that scarred them not hard skiing therefore NOT unfortunately a badge of honour. Will just have to grin & bear it I guess snowHead.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skid markz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Surely a snowHeads sticker would not look amiss?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If they're white you won't find them when you lose them in powder. Be grateful for the black.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bizzielizzie13, nobody but you will notice. Chill. Little Angel
ski holidays
why not put a couple of extra black marks and make it look like part of the design Smile
snow report
they're not black marks, chaps, do keep up.
ski holidays
Ansta, we've got black marks.
snow report
James the Last, Laughing
snow report
But I could pretend that I meant to say black marks even knowing the marks are actually yellow as black, yellow and white is a good combination. But clearly I'd be found out... either way just pretend the marks are either part of the design or a new way of identifying that the ski's are yours, perhaps offer the suggestion of yellow (other colours can be used of course) marks to all those uni students on their ski security design projects..
ski holidays
I take great interest in the upkeep of other peoples skis, it is the high point of my holiday, I take note of whether they have been serviced regularly, edges and bindings etc... the backdrop of the mountains and the quality of mine or my companions skiing, that broad canvass is not for me. I spend my time looking at other peoples skis. Toofy Grin

I think you a right to be concerned. wink
snow conditions
I take great pleasure and fun also from pretending to know people by sneaking a look at those little name stickers and then engaging in conversation (NB except when I neither look at the name stickers or the size and colour of said ski's and pick them up and walk away by mistake causing myself to be completely embarrassed and knackered from chasing the rest of the group around the mountain to try and catch them up.)
latest report
Jeez . . . my Icelandics look like they've been attacked by hundreds of wee axe wielding Ice Elves and I think this will be the 6th year without being edged . . .
ski holidays
I'd put some rubber disks on the skis over the next few months leading back towards the bindings in a random splashing pattern. Then wear a white one piece ski suit and with highlighter pen make a series of yellow stains down the inside of your legs. Other people will simply assume that you have a major incontinence problem and not jump to conclusions about your ski storage habits.

See, there is always a way out of these embarrassing situations.
snow report
ansta1, Hi Fischer! Hi Dynastar! Hi Dot!
snow conditions
James the Last wrote:
ansta1, Hi Fischer! Hi Dynastar! Hi Dot!

Wouldn't be as funny as "ha tarquin, don't you remember me from <insert> location and see how long you can drag it out.

Almost as funny as blue jacking which you can no longer do. Ahhh those days!
snow conditions
Avalanche Poodle, wink very practical advice, stickers or incontinence.
snow report
James the Last wrote:
Hi Dot!

Hi
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy