Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich then where, for off-piste?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I have booked myself on a group trip to Engelberg but have just been advised that the trip won't go ahead. The flights are booked and i need to look at options.
I'll be going solo and looking for a guides' company offering full day off-piste skiing, for the entire week ideally.

Is this available in Engelberg itself?

What other destinations connected to Zurich by public transport can you recommend? I am aware of St. Anton/Arlberg... anywhere else?

Grateful for all suggestions.

(PS- the trip is during last week of Jan).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a few resorts in Eastern Switzerland such as Davos, St Moritz, Laax, etc. I've been to Laax but didn't really do much off piste. Zermatt is easy by train too but further. I'd go for St Anton personally, it's really easy by train from Zurich and you probably won't find anywhere better for what you're looking for.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B, covers most of it, but Serfaus and Ischgl are also possible via Landeck.

Just watch the WEF dates if you're going to Davos, althogh I think you'll be OK in the last week of Jan
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Andermatt is only 2 - 2.5 hours by train from Zurich too and well worth a visit for off-piste. The interlaken regions are a similar distance, albeit with an extra change or two.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Turns'n'turns , I will be in Engelberg for most of the season depending on when you are there, might be about to show you around.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all replies guys.
St Anton is high on the list of options as they do group trips off-piste there i believe, that's the most important factor. While i can ski down a slope with a degree of confidence and technique i need a lot more training in reading snow conditions, the terrain etc.
Enquiries sent..
Went to Andermatt last February with offpisteskiing.com and had a fantastic week. Doubtful that the schools there will run group days though, not for a full week anyway. Ditto Davos.
Interlaken is interesting, never been, will research more.
Fattes13, noted, thanks, if i stick with Engelberg i'll drop you a PM on here.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Disentis is awesome for off-piste skiing. It's small but a lot of great lines to keep you busy for a week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
you could try ski club freshtracks. they normally have andermatt and adelboden etc and you do your own flights anyway
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try Klosters - its is not just for princes. Even plebs like me have enjoyed great off-piste skiing there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Disentis looks great! Will now be on the list of places to visit (but boy do they need to fix that website...)
Have looked at Freshtracks too, unfortunately on my dates and for my level they only have Alagna - which would have been terrific actually but that particular holiday includes flights.

Many thanks again for suggestions.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You don't have to use the Freshtracks flights - they will give you a partial refund if you arrange your own travel. I have often done that. Ask them.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try Warth - great off-piste.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
St Anton is an easy and excellent choice but my pick for beauty, ski life, and great skiing is Saas Fe. Zermatt's 9,00 foot vertical is hard to beat but the city is too large for me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Warth/Schroken is very hard to get to by public transfer-it's a place I would like to go. One of or maybe the snowiest place in Austria most years.

This year there is a new link to/from Lech which makes Warth easier to ski. It would be a big way from St Anton and back in a day, better tonstay in Lech if you want to open that area up.

Piste to Powder in St Anton is very good if you have some experience off piste. If you don't, don't fret, the ski school has classes that go off piste, and teach you how to ski powder. You will get some tips on how to read conditions along the way. Shovel, probe and tranciever supplied free by both P2P and Ski School.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, Engelberg will do it.
Generally a very friendly crowd so possible to buddy up with strangers at the best spots.
Guide company also available.
It is also very easy from Zurich with public transport running very late.
Just don't tell everyone!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy