Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunday River

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There's a school trip here in 2015. Wondering if anyone has any insight into this resort lik ie. what's the snow like, is it worth it, what are the instructors like, food etc. Just whatever.

I'm a bit on the fence, as you have to ski with an instructor at all times, which is good but I do like to do my own thing now and again.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pi, Home resort of Simon Dumont and Bode Miller spent a bit of time here as a nipper! It is a ok sized East coast US resort, tends to be icy they have a boundry policy so everything inside the resort is skiable as far as they are concered.

Limited overly challanging runs but there are a few up top and some nice tree skiing. There are a few outlet malls near bye aswell
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I learnt to ski here on a sixth form trip in Feb 2006, I loved it! The slopes were very quiet, snow was decent, we landed as it was snowing in Boston. My advanced skiing friend seemed to enjoy it too, although they had skied out the area by the end of the week and ended up doing other 'challenges'. My ski instructor was a friendly kiwi, helped me catch the skiing bug even though I wasn't very confident to begin with. The food at the resort base was alright and not bad priced, the lodge my group stayed in it was cheap fast food but I didn't really mind. Apres-ski, the tubing was very fun and we also did bowling and cinema.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't discount skiing with an instructor, if you are good enough (and there are a small group of a similar standard) you'll get some hints and tips, but they'll also do a fair bit of guiding.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fattes13, how about the off piste? Yeh, I absolutely hate ice, but then again who doesn't. If I'm just going on a social ski trip I guess it could be alright. Oh and I wouldn't be allowed to take either of my pairs of skis with me just boots so what's the hire like?

stephap, yeh apparently there is a lot of shopping to be done as Fattes says. Ah right like what challenges??

hammerite, yes it would be with the advanced ski group so I thought it would be more like having a guide with maybe some technique perfection.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pi, Plenty fo stuff through the trees for off piste, just depends on the conditions.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunday River, if you're talking about the one in Maine, isn't all that big. I don't think "guiding" is all that useful. A half way decent skier who're not directionally challenged will have it all figured out in 2-3 days on your own.

Instruction is a different matter. A week with a good instructor could be hugely benefitial if you're into technique improvement.

Yes, it can be icy. But that's when you can learn a lot too. There're such snow condition that's "good for you"! Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pi, I went to Sunday river this year, with the school I teach at. We went at Easter. We were lucky as the two days before we arrived there was over a foot of snow! However, by the end of the week the snow was fast disappearing as it was pretty warm.

Instructors were ok- a little old. A couple of ours were retired from the city. They were not as adventurous as other instructors we have had but were ok. Would listen to what you wanted to work on and let you ski, not too much stopping and starting for the higher abilities.

Resort itself is spot on- good restaurant at the foot of the resort (with bar!) and a small grocery shop. We stayed at the snow cap youth lodge. Was spot on, free wifi, tv, table tennis massive communal area! Food was ok standard American cuisine.

Runs are good , if a liitle short, spent a lot of time on chairlifts etc but some great tracks through trees - flying monkey is a one of those, check out the pics on google, great fun with lots of snow. Couple of small jump parks.
Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
school trips to the US - wow
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abc, oh right. I do enjoy exploring and maybe having a day at the end to go on the best runs I found. Technique improvement is good for anyone regardless IMHO. Never have enjoy that familiar scraping sound though!

setha3, our trips at Easter:( you sound like you enjoyed it.

Thanks everyone for your excellent suggestions, but funnily enough I managed to miss the deadline. Will be starting a thread on places to go at low cost:(
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry you won't make it Pi. I have a chalet just outside of Bethel, the ski town next to Sunday River. Maybe next time. We ski in Maine, but take a trip to the Alps every year. That's why I love Snowheads.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy