Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel - Avalanche Transceiver + Snowshoe Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
We've got a trip planned up to the Refuge de Tinderets above Abondance January and although some of us have all the kit required there are quite a few who haven't.

Does anyone have experience of the best place to hire snowshoes, avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel kit?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowshoes are available at Ski Service (Henri Gonon) near the Barbossine lift in Petit Chatel. Not sure about the rest of the kit but I imagine Francis Sports in the village might be the best bet. Henri does have some touring skis to hire so he might also have the other kit. I'm out there next weekend so I'll see if can find out any more.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DJL, Thanks - Ski Service sounds like a good place to try, you often see a snow shoers around the Petit Chatel area. I was thinking I'd start with Richard Sports and go from there around town. Very jealous of you getting out there next week!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DJL, Any more thoughts? I see from the weather threads that you're out there (v jealous!).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've drawn a blank I'm afraid. Henri Gonon doesn't have kit to rent and isn't aware of anywhere in the village that does.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Chatel and we managed to hire all the kit we needed from Vertical Horizons down in Linga. Extremely helpful team there. They didn't have all the kit we needed but sourced it for us at very reasonable rates. They also had (what looked like) very good touring skis etc to hire if anyone is interested. The Refuge de Tinderets lived up to expectations a brilliant adventure with not too much exposure, some of our group had never even seen snowshoes before and managed very well. When they said it was basic - it really was!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bit late for this but Johann sport in Abondance does touring kit and snowshoes. My wife hired from there last year. Not sure about the avi gear as we have our own but I expect so
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy