Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OUNASVAARA FINLAND

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got a day trip to Rovaniemi on Sunday and was hoping to get some skiing in at the local slopes at Ounasvaara.
Looks like their website shows resort is not open or likely to be, despite reasonable snow forecasts and the webcam showing reasonable snowfall.

Any Ideas? As they should have opened last weekend according to website "info" Sad

Similar thing happened last year when we went to Enontekio, loads of Snow but resort was closed Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thought there may be some info....... Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't know where you got the info, but 1 slope, 2 lifts open says their web site. So not much open, but something.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aaaand where it says in English "Lifts and slopes - the current situation Closed" in Finnish it says "Auki" = open. Otherwise the same info, one of eight slopes open and two of five lifts.

Slope number 5 is the one open, they opened 30.11. (info from their Facebook).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info. This is where I got my info from though.

http://www.panoraama.com/ounasvaara/rinnekartta/naytto.phtml

And here,

http://www.ounasvaara.fi/en/slope-info-rovaniemi-opening-hours/

Although it does say one run open???? But not which one ?
Not looked their Facebook page though, will have a look now Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AJQ wrote:
Thanks for the info. This is where I got my info from though.

http://www.panoraama.com/ounasvaara/rinnekartta/naytto.phtml

And here,

http://www.ounasvaara.fi/en/slope-info-rovaniemi-opening-hours/

Although it does say one run open???? But not which one ?
Not looked at their Facebook page though, will have a look now Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A great wee day out yesterday and was pleasently surprised, should have been €54 for pass and hire but got a €16.50 refund as we had our own Boots snowHead

Polished up on some turns and managed to nail 360's both ways, just needed to commit to going faster, then they became a way lot easier to execute. Next step is to combine with jumps ....... rolling eyes

A nice interim "Fix " until Febs trip to Mayrhoffen snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds good!

Was it part of an organised Lappland excursion to see Santa? And if so, how did u fit some skiing in?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PM me/Tell me a wee bit about yerself, who you work for etc and I may spill the beans wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy