Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

correct adjustment for salomon Z10 bindings ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just tried to set bindings on new skis......
Boot length 319mm but once set I noticed the front binding was indicating 324 and the rear 328 ! If I moved any closer to 319 they seemed too tight.
Had a look on line for correct adjustment instructions but no real luck.
Can any one help or is that close enough ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It doesn't matter what the boot sole length says (that really just sets the fore/aft positioning on the ski, ie putting the boot centre line over the mounting line on the ski) as it's the forward pressure adjustment that's critical in determining the correct gap between the toe & heel bindings. Check-out: http://theskimonster.com/blog/posts/how-to-adjust-your-salomon-ski-bindings/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just set front and back to the lowest marked number which is above 319, should be fine. If the number 319 is marked then set them to that. On the side of the back part of the binding should be a small window. With the binding closed and your boot in the binding you should be able to see a vertical black line in the window. If you can only see white then it´s either too loose or too tight.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
whitedescents wrote:
....On the side of the back part of the binding should be a small window. With the binding closed and your boot in the binding you should be able to see a vertical black line in the window.......

There's no window on a Z10. The fwd pressure indicator is either an inverted arrow on the side of the heel which aligns with lines on the base rail or the lift-up rear tab has to be centred in the notch.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1,
like most Salomon bindings...........
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oooops, sorry I guess they´ve changed since my last pair. Sorry for the wrong info. It works on an older pair though wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Old post but info for anyone that needs it. My z10s have a window. It's documented here. https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/10901972/2012-2013-shop-practice-manual-salomon-certification

p19, fig 7 matches mine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Iwasfreestylinghonest, Hi, welcome to Snowheads, your link doesn't work it takes you to Yumpu but you get an error
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fixed it for you Cool

Not sure too many people will still be using a 10 year old binding though, but it does at least put this one to bed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy