Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early Breakfast in Aviemore

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'll be traveling up to Aviemore by sleeper this coming Friday, arriving at 7:40am on Saturday morning. We were planning on getting breakfast at the Coffee Pot in Aviemore before heading out for a day on the hill. However, the phone number seems to be out of action. Does anyone know if the Coffee Pot is still trading, or if not, an alternative cafe that is open by 8am on Saturday morning? We've a big day planning so a decent warm breakfast would be nice, but needs to be early.
Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
are the slopes open?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry, just occurred to me you are probably climbers/walkers, rather than skiers.... Embarassed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, walkers this trip Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't recall the coffee pot. Best we found were the cafes in active sports (from station head left towards the youth hostel), and mountain cafe (from station head right and go past most of the town and It's on the left)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy, thanks. Unfortunately the Mountain Cafe doesn't open till 8:30am and the Active Sports one till 9:00am. We really need somewhere that's open by 8:00am for it to be a goer. Currently looking like sleeper shortbread supplemented by cereal bar!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Call up a couple of B&Bs and see if they'll just do &B?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last review of the Coffee Pot on Tripadvisor is Late Oct so looks to be still going, wonder if the storm at the end of last week has done for their phone line?
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186537-d2599781-Reviews-The_Coffee_Pot-Aviemore_Aviemore_and_the_Cairngorms_Scottish_Highlands_Scotland.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are a few others in Aviemore itself that you could try.

Coffee Corner - in the same row of shops as Nevisport on the corner nearest the Cairngorm hotel.
Skiing Doo - I'm sure I've had a bacon roll here in the past but don't know if they will open early enough for you.
Cafe Bleu? - Think that is what it is called - next to Ellis Brigham on the main street.

If you phoned the Cairngorm hotel, I'm sure you could get a breakfast there - pretty good as I recall. Bonus is that it is almost over the road from the train station.

Lastly, if you are headed up the hill, depending on your mode of transport, you could always stop at the Glenmore campsite cafe for a real monster of a meal.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nick_H, that's brilliant, thanks very much. Caingorm hotel are going to do us a Highland breakfast for £9.50 pp and they serve from 7:30am. And couldn't be better for the train station. Perfect!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy