Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Geneva to Chinaillon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we are flying to Geneva on Dec 22nd, landing at 9am. We're off to Chinaillon and are looking at transfers and car hire or train . Has anyone any advice on the best way to get there ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dog42, welcome to snowheads. snowHead How many people, and how long are you staying?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, just two people and staying till the 28th Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dog42, we struggled to find many transfer options for two people for that journey in March 2011 and ended up getting taxi transfers which were pretty expensive. I think a hire car is probably the best option.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dog42, forgot to say - have you been before? It's a great place, I'd happily go back. My OH had private lessons with Etienne from Starski which were excellent.

Another point in favour of the hire car - if you land at 9am you'll get most of a day's skiing in that same day. It's only about an hour's drive from GVA on pretty straightforward roads.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, I'd go for a hired car too - from the Swiss side, with snow tyres etc. Would be an absolute no-brainer if there were four of you, but even with 2 it's probably as good as anything else.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dog42, We have a place in Chinaillon and always hire a car as its more convenient. Would suggest hiring Swiss side again for convenience, winterisation,vignette etc. A taxi is about 100 euro each way. You can get a skibus from Geneva but only at 8am 2pm or 7pm so not much use for your time of arrival. You can also get a train to Annecy and then a bus if you really want to save a few quid but it will take much longer. If you go to the le grandbornand website, at the bottom left of the home page is a section "navette and transport" which gives you all your options.
I would definately hire a car, the roads are kept clear and its not a difficult drive. AND you can be skiing by lunchtime!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all ,thanks for all the suggestions. Loatie , can hire a car for £260 , geneva airport shuttle comes in £ 288 return . Do you know of a taxi company we can get a price from ? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are two in Le Grand Bornand. Their prices and contact details are on the website. Looks like 128 euros Geneva- Chinaillon this year
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dog42, a car might be very good for seeing a bit more of the area, or chasing snow if it's a bit thin?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy