Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Win a pair of RESQSKI Powder ski finders - powder ribbon alternative......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Know it's a pimp but as people are talking about them in the "Powder Ribbons Alternatives" thread with Avalanche Academy saying....

"Worth having a look at www.resqski.com. It's basically a micro transceiver for your skis. They don't interfere with normal transceivers (2.5GHz vs 457KHz), and the units are very small. I played with one recently and was impressed. I guess for most people, losing a ski in powder is no big deal - until it happens to you ! Last season saw some epic powder days and a lot of people did lose their skis permanently. Food for thought."

Style Altitude are giving a pair away, in a simple competition

Mind you people obviously don't read my sig Confused

And found this shot of when my mates hiked up one day on a mission to find my Mission that I'd lost after my infamous cliff fall Embarassed

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weathercam, £88??

a. some of my skis cost less than that. Many not much more.
b. haven't lost a ski in powder in 44 years, see no reason to start now.

Weird idea that product.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name, like Avalanche Academy and I very much concur until you actually loose a ski you think what's the big deal?

Since I did my ACL I also ski off much less of a din, and probably 80% of my skiing is off piste.

Can't quite get my head around your admission as to how much you pay for your skis, you must be the Lidl Ebay champion rolling eyes

So I take it you will not be putting the Dynafit Beasts on your skis then Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Weathercam, hee hee, bourse aux skis, that's the solution.

To be fair, my main skis were new and significantly more than £88. But in the garage I have pairs that cost, variously in euros, 35, 100 and 120. The €35 ones only lasted a couple of Infernos, but given that rentals were ~chf 40/ day, that's Ok. Lovely to ski on they were too (rossi race dept GS).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weathercam, I've met under a new name, he's a pretty good skier (and that is an understatement), so I doubt that he skimps on his equipment, but then I do recall he is from North of the border wink.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam, the beasts seem quite heavy? (Relatively speaking) at least when I lifted a pair up in CH2O's emporium last night. Ndoesn't that negate the purpose?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name, that's sort of the reason why I go with the TLT Radical FT - even my mate who throws money at gear can't quite bring himself to buy them, but his brother has rolling eyes
But he doesn't too much touring.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells, you are far too kind snowHead

Weathercam, yep, can imagine that - it's kind of weird, the low tech system is basically a binding reduced to essentials to reduce weight at the expense of unbindingy-ness and the Beast appears to add loads of weight back in so you can charge down Alaskan spires. Not that many of the purchasing constituency will actually be doing that. (edit: I do get it I just don't know that sooo many of the buyers of the Beasts will ski that much in no fall zones...)

I think I'm confused. (not about low techs as such, lovely things). Then again, I don't really get rocker.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3 years ago I lost one of my favorite skis and never found it. I had a pair of "sutff up your pant leg" powder ribbons in my pocket but hadn't used them because they are such a PITA. I decided I needed a powder cord that was easy to use and inexpensive to make. One that didn't incorporate all of the downside issues associated with old style powder cords. The end result is a product called Pow Tales, and they sell for $19.95 usd. You can see them at ]http://powtales.com.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thebobski, good idea, good spam!
I think I will get some of those
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy